Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One of my 2019 tax data files did not transfer to 2020. How do I fix that?

jerijo
Level 3

In Pro Series Professional, I have one client file that did not transfer from 2019 to 2020. How do I get that file to transfer?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jerijo
Level 3

I called tech support. Here's the solution to my issue:

The 2019 data file had been saved to the wrong folder on my computer. The tech found it and moved it to the 2019 folder and that resulted in the 2019 data file then showing up in the list of data files that could be transferred into 2020.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
IRonMaN
Level 15

Have you tried rebooting your computer and then tried transferring a second time?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
jerijo
Level 3

The problem is that the one client data file did not show up in the list to select which files I want to transfer into 2020. It did not come over from 2019 so it isn't even there in the transfer list. I looked at 2019 and it IS showing up in the 2019 Pro Series files but it is not showing up in the list of files that came over from 2019 Pro Series. Rebooting is not the issue. 

I'm wondering if there is a way to find each data file from 2019 and find this one client and then move it into 2020 Pro Series so I can transfer it in. I hope this explanation makes sense.

0 Cheers
jerijo
Level 3

I called tech support. Here's the solution to my issue:

The 2019 data file had been saved to the wrong folder on my computer. The tech found it and moved it to the 2019 folder and that resulted in the 2019 data file then showing up in the list of data files that could be transferred into 2020.

0 Cheers