Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Efin- I have moved during the past year. Do I need to apply for a new efin? If not, How do I change the address.?

gsoutar
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

Authorized IRS e-file Providers (Providers) should ensure that the IRS has current information by reviewing and updating their IRS e-file Applications. Providers may review their IRS e-file Application information electronically via e-services. A Principal, Responsible Official or a Delegated User authorized to revise an IRS e-file Application may submit all revisions.

Providers must submit updates within thirty days of a change of any information. It is important to provide updates such as, changes to business structure, Principals, Responsible Officials, addresses and telephone numbers and to remove individuals no longer associated with the firm, including deceased individuals. The IRS needs current information to be able to contact Providers and obtain or provide important information.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

9 Comments 9
IRonMaN
Level 15

Authorized IRS e-file Providers (Providers) should ensure that the IRS has current information by reviewing and updating their IRS e-file Applications. Providers may review their IRS e-file Application information electronically via e-services. A Principal, Responsible Official or a Delegated User authorized to revise an IRS e-file Application may submit all revisions.

Providers must submit updates within thirty days of a change of any information. It is important to provide updates such as, changes to business structure, Principals, Responsible Officials, addresses and telephone numbers and to remove individuals no longer associated with the firm, including deceased individuals. The IRS needs current information to be able to contact Providers and obtain or provide important information.

Slava Ukraini!
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
Once you have applied for either a NEW EFIN with IRS or an Updated Address on your existing EFIN, you will need to send updated documentation to Intuit so we can accordingly make that same change for your software/efiling capabilities. :+1::+1:
0 Cheers
gsoutar
Level 1
My question is How do I Update my Address.  I can't seem to find it on the IRS site.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
If a Provider is unable to update its IRS e-file Application electronically a Principal or Responsible Official may either use the firm’s official letterhead or call e-help at 1-866-255-0654 to notify the IRS of changes to the below information:

•  All addresses
•  All telephone and fax numbers
•  e-mail addresses
•  Contact persons
•  Form types to be e-filed
•  Transmission protocols
•  Adding Federal/State e-file
•  Changes to Foreign Filer information
•  Add or remove Provider Options

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
I'm not sure of the specifics, other than from within your eservices login... From within the irs.gov website, click on TAX PROS button on top right (under search box) then click the blue button labeled "Access e-Services", i would assume from within there.
0 Cheers
dbtaxsolutions
Level 4

Did anyone figured out how to do in within e-service? I can't navigate to it or see where to change address within e -service. Thanks

0 Cheers
Sdouts
Level 1

How do I update my EFIN address with ProSeries once I have updated it with the IRS?

0 Cheers

EDIT: For all wondering the same as he and I were, the following is the proper procedure:

1. Log into IRS e-Services on irs.gov and view/access your original EFIN application 

2. Select the applicable firm of yours you're wanting to update location for or select "Individual"

3. Select "Add New Location" from the dropdown menu

4. Enter your information in the application

That's it.

Since/if you already have EFIN you are automatically "grandfathered in" and will receive a new EFIN immediately, which you willl see on the Application Summary screen.

Happy Tax Season folks.

Louis S. Marchman

0 Cheers
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

How long does it take ProSeries to update an account.

I submitted my paperwork July 2, and received an email from  <[email address removed] > the same day with the following message.

Dear Jeff ,

Your request for EFIN *** has been submitted for review. Please allow 1 business day for our team to review and process your request.

It has been two weeks, and I have heard nothing else. Do I need to start calling Intuit?

0 Cheers