Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ohio School District Withholding

The-Tax-Lady
Level 9

The withholding for Ohio School District tax is not transferring from the W2 to the SD 100.

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
IRonMaN
Level 15

It's probably one of those state laws that Intuit has read about ---------------- they want you to type it in again so that it is correct 😉

Slava Ukraini!
The-Tax-Lady
Level 9

Kill me now

IRonMaN
Level 15

Don't go taking the easy way out😀

Slava Ukraini!
OH_tax_IO
Level 1

On my returns I've noticed the SD code has to match on the Federal W2 entry for it to flow to the SD return. 

8501 in the locality name would flow to the 8501 SD return. If it has something like Dyls1 that would not flow to the SD return

The-Tax-Lady
Level 9

Thanks, and I only used the 4 SD numbers, regardless of what extra detail is listed in Locality. This is also a somewhat sporadic event.

If I re-enter the Green SD number transferred from last year, the withholding flows to the SD 100, but not always.

On MFJ returns, it's correctly transferring the withholding for the spouse but not the Primary, on a random basis.

Between the MFJ vs MFS Comparison Worksheet putting random, incorrect amounts in the Credits, searching for forms that used to be easily located and the Ohio SD, it's just been one fun time after another this season.🙄

OH_tax_IO
Level 1

Noticed similar issues with the MJF worksheet on the federal. Where do I enter has been searching oddly too. This tax season looks like it will be more fun than a barrel of monkeys 😶

IRonMaN
Level 15

I think this year equates out more to a barrel of crazed weasels than monkeys.

Slava Ukraini!