Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRS rejected returns not able to fix and resubmit in Proseries Professional

kennoncpa
Level 2

Why is Proseries Professional not allowing rejected returns to be resubmitted once the error has been fixed? We get an error immediately that says Return already transmitted and cannot be reconverted.  Have had problems with 2 different clients - one needed a form 8862 attached and one had an incorrect EIN for a W2

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
groovingator
Level 1

Select the rejected file that still has the status of "Sent to Intuit". Go to the tool bar at the top of the page, select E-file, Electronic Filing, Update acknowledgment status of selected return. Efile status changes to rejected and now you can file.

View solution in original post

8 Comments 8
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Ive had no issue resubmitting after a rejection, I just fix the error, convert and transmit the same as the first time around.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
The-Tax-Lady
Level 9

Make sure you open the State return, even if you have no changes. Then run the reviews again. This has worked for me in the past.

groovingator
Level 1

Select the rejected file that still has the status of "Sent to Intuit". Go to the tool bar at the top of the page, select E-file, Electronic Filing, Update acknowledgment status of selected return. Efile status changes to rejected and now you can file.

kennoncpa
Level 2

Seriously cannot thank you enough!  Spent 2 hours on the phone with 3 different level of "tech support" people from Proseries and each person's answer was to send a paper return!!!  Said it was the IRS that was not enabling me to send it again.  It'd be December before these people saw their refund!  

KRIS1
Level 2

Thank you for the response!  That worked.  Why are rejected returns not just automatically showing under the "reject" tab?  I love the addition of that tab, but the rejected files don't automatically appear.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
My rejected returns are showing in the rejected tab as well as in the pending tab.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
DanaL
Level 3

I have found that when you resubmit a rejected return it comes out of the rejected tab until it rejects again (which hopefully does not happen).  But it should still be in the pending tab during the whole process. 

0 Cheers
sb186639
Level 1

Thank you!  This Worked.  

0 Cheers