Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NYS 2020 Estimated Tax Payments by Electronic Filing

jesusmac2000
Level 3

The first quarter NYS Quarterly Payment is due 7/15/20; however, the 2nd Quarter is due 6/15/20.  I efiled the 1st Quarter voucher and it was accepted.  Now I am trying to file the 2nd Quarter NYS voucher due 6/15/20 and the program is saying this: 

"NOT READY - New York First Quarter Payment is Current Period." 

What does this mean?  I have filed other returns and was able to file each subsequent quarter once the 1st Quarter payment was accepted.  PLEASE HELP before the due date of 6/15/20!!  Thank you so much!!

Also, will the program ever allow us to file all 4 Quarterly Payments at the same time?  Why do we have to wait until the previous quarter is accepted?  Federal Program sets up all the payments with the efile which makes it a lot easier!!  Thanks for the info.  

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
djr9649
Level 2

I am having the same problem. I filed the 1st Q NYS estimate back in April and I am now unable to file the 2nd Q estimate due 6/15.

Did you ever resolve this issue?

0 Cheers
robertmazza
Level 3

I have the same problem.  Intuit Support told me that after the NYS EF was accepted, then the greyed our boxes to select the other estimated payments would be cleared so I can mark the other 3 estimated payments.  DID NOT WORK.  I need to call again on Monday June 15, 2020.  Very discouraging!!

0 Cheers
djr9649
Level 2

Robert,

I may have a solution. I spoke to support and these are the steps we took to resolve my issue.

Open Program. Select the EF Clients Tab. Highlight the item to be transmitted.

Then go to top Menu and select E-File then Electronic Filing then Convert/Transmit

When the box opens check Convert (First one) then Okay.

When completed repeat the above steps but on the last step check Transmit (Second Option).

Hopefully this will help. Good luck.

Dennis

SummersTax
Level 2

This worked perfectly!!!!!  Thanks Dennis!

0 Cheers
meilo
Level 2

It works, thans Dennis!!!

0 Cheers
Oren
Level 1

It works. Thank you so much Dennis!

0 Cheers