Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NYC RESIDENT PAID BOTH NYC TAX AND 1127 TAX

gk
Level 5

Hi,

Please help. One of my client who is a resident of NYC in 2019. He paid nyc tax however employer withheld 1127 tax as well. I completed NYC information in state return . But amount i entered for 1127 in w2 worksheet is not going forward to NYC information worksheet for 1127. I think this is because of i marked NYC resident in state . How do i get the 1127 tax withheld amount bak.

Gracemon

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

Sounds like a bit of a mess. because 1127 is non resident (not really a tax) tax and your client was full year NYC resident?

IF that's true you, might try a part year NY return and show him non-resident for 1 day. That may allow the 1127 withholdings to flow...

Truthfully, I'd probably call the NY DOR and ask them if he can efile the IT-201 and then paper-file an 1127 to claim the refund.

(edit: I douibt that Proseries is wired to handle this type of situation).

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

Sounds like a bit of a mess. because 1127 is non resident (not really a tax) tax and your client was full year NYC resident?

IF that's true you, might try a part year NY return and show him non-resident for 1 day. That may allow the 1127 withholdings to flow...

Truthfully, I'd probably call the NY DOR and ask them if he can efile the IT-201 and then paper-file an 1127 to claim the refund.

(edit: I douibt that Proseries is wired to handle this type of situation).

Jacquepp
Level 1

You have to enter the amount withheld on the 1127 form.  Unfortunately, it does not transfer.

On form 1127 section 2 Tax Calculation section line 4

0 Cheers
gk
Level 5

Thank u . Can i add NYC and 1127 tax together and put it in BOX 19 of W2. 

0 Cheers
gk
Level 5

Thank u . Can i add NYC and 1127 tax together and put it in BOX 19 of W2. 

0 Cheers
gk
Level 5

Hi,

Thank you so much. I did NYC non-resident for one day. That helped to flow the 1127 amount. Great help.

Respectfully

Gracemon

Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

<<Can i add NYC and 1127 tax together and put it in BOX 19 of W2. >>

nope. The withholdings should go  go on line 4 of the NYC 1127

0 Cheers