Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NY IT-201 calculations

joselopez395
Level 3

NYS IT-201 return is not calculating the federal above-the-line charitable contribution adjustment ($300.00). Line 19 shows the total wages as federal AGI and then adds the $300.00 as a NY addition to income resulting in a higher and incorrect amount.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
itonewbie
Level 15

Why do you believe it's wrong?  It was widely publicized that NYS decoupled with various provisions in the CARES Act.  You can refer to the instructions of IT-558 for details of the necessary adjustments.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

Every once in awhile those instructions come in handy 😀

Slava Ukraini!
joselopez395
Level 3

I'm not saying what is wrong and what is not. I know very well about the decoupling. If I have a client with total wages of 60,000.00 and after the 300.00 adjustment his federal AGI is 59,700.00, this amount from Form 1040 line 11 should transfer to line 19 Form IT-201 and THEN the 300.00 is added to bring the NYS income to the original amount of 60,000.00. How in hell is my client going to end up with a NYS income of 60,300.00? 

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

You didn't give those details in your initial post.  Sounds like a bug in the program.  You might want to call support to see if they are aware of it or if the fix is in for a future update.  It would be really nice if Intuit provided a list of known bugs, but I guess they would rather tie up their phone lines.

Slava Ukraini!