Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I download pro series 2015, 2014, 2013, and prior software to 2007?

MSAustin
Level 1

I have a client who needs to file several years returns.  I need to download prior year software.  Where can I find prior year tax software?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

You can try logging into your Intuit account to see about 2013-2015.  If the years don't show up there you will have to call customer service for help.  For the years prior to 2007 you are going to be out of luck unless you know someone that has an old disc of the software hanging around their office somewhere.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
IRonMaN
Level 15

You can try logging into your Intuit account to see about 2013-2015.  If the years don't show up there you will have to call customer service for help.  For the years prior to 2007 you are going to be out of luck unless you know someone that has an old disc of the software hanging around their office somewhere.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
coreas426
Level 1
I PURCHASED THE 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 AND UP TO NOW  PRO SERIES SOFTWARE PROGRAM AND MY COMPUTER CRASHED AND LOSS EVERYTHING  LOOKING FOR  SOFTWARE 2006 2007 2008
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Hopefullyyoukeptthedisksforthoseyears,otherwiseyouaregoingtobeoutofluck.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Not sure why anyone would need 10+ year old software....just this morning I uninstalled 2009, 2010 and 2011 programs and client files off an old computer...havent touched them in 5 years, cant imagine needing them again.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
BlackmonLC
Level 1

I called customer support and they could not help. Apparently, they only support downloads for the current year and two years back. They could not explain why 2015-2013 would not populate. 

Does anyone have another solution?

0 Cheers
BRVA_PREPARER
Level 2

Nonfilers, lost returns by state taxing authorities, litigation ......  There are a host of reasons those programs might be relevant to a few practitioners.

0 Cheers
sjescher
Level 3
  1. Strange that Proseries could not help.  I found online where I could download 2012, and then downloaded the next year (each year) from the help menu until I tried 2015.  It asked for the fast path license to download 2015 from the 2014 help menu.  How do I verify my fast path license?
0 Cheers
BRVA_PREPARER
Level 2

I lost my hard drive and had to go back to 2008 to retrieve some state returns that are still in litigation.  I was able to download 2015 without any problem, but that wasn't the case with some of the earlier years.  I actually had to find the old laptop that had those early programs on them and bring the files up with the old computer in the early years.  For 2015, I don't specifically recall what I did, but I notice that under File there is a tab for 'RETRIEVE' and a tab for COPY product license.  I wonder if that isn't the fast path license and whether you can copy that from 2014 and somehow paste it into 2015 to make it operative.  ProSeries Support is atrocious on these prior years.  With the five year carryback, there is absolutely no excuse for them to not offer support for those years.

0 Cheers
sjescher
Level 3

Thank you for your reply.  My 2013 tools-license says 2015 fast path is authorized.  My 2014 tools-license is greyed out.  I installed 2016 from CD OK.  I might have misplaced my 2015 CD, but I'll keep looking, and try to find out more about fast path licensing.

0 Cheers