Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Status Update

MarinaEA
Level 4

No status update on e-file. The software is showing "return received by Intuit". Intuit is telling me that the IRS is holding the return which is not accurate because when the return sent to the IRS, it says "return sent to the IRS". Anyone knows what's going on?

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
beancounter54
Level 2

I've got three that I sent 5 hours ago that show that they have been received also. I wonder what is up?

0 Cheers
MarinaEA
Level 4

Still showing that from yesterday for me. I called Intuit, they are saying the IRS is holding the return. That cant be true because the return has not been sent to the IRS. I dont have acknowledgements that it has been. Only received by Intuit.  Pretty sure the issue is on their end again. Frustrating. 

0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

Take a look in client file and see it there is a 9325 form. That will tell you if IRS received it or not.

0 Cheers
proezeen
Level 1
Hello. I have exactly same issue now. It's been a week and never update the e-file status. How did you solve this problem?
0 Cheers