Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new worksheets for espp input

cinmon428
Level 7

The 2020 Proseries has more worksheets for stock input. Specifically, has anyone played with the ESPP inputs yet? There used to be a single worksheet that would be used to figure the company discounts and to adjust for the compensation income. Can anyone give me a quick summary of how to input the ESPP information now, coming from a form 3922? Thanks!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cinmon428
Level 7

I'd be interested to hear your initial impressions once you go in there and play around a little. My first reaction is that I'd rather use last year's much simpler worksheet to do my calculations and then transfer the results to this year. Surely Proseries doesn't want us to have to do that. At a minimum I think Proseries needs to do an inservice in this area for us to figure out what's going on. 

View solution in original post

10 Comments 10
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I had an EA in town call me and leave a 2 minute voicemail ranting about the new worksheets for Sch D this year.   He was not a happy camper!

I havent went in and played around with it much yet, sorry.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
cinmon428
Level 7

I'd be interested to hear your initial impressions once you go in there and play around a little. My first reaction is that I'd rather use last year's much simpler worksheet to do my calculations and then transfer the results to this year. Surely Proseries doesn't want us to have to do that. At a minimum I think Proseries needs to do an inservice in this area for us to figure out what's going on. 

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@Orlando   or @IntuitAustin do you know if Intuit plans to have any workshops to learn the data entry on the new Sch D worksheets?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

I also haven't played with it yet, but I do like the new feature of just reporting totals that don't need to be put on 8949. That applies to 95% of my clients

0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

If you enter "ESPP" in the "where do I enter box" it will come up with three choices. The first two are not working yet, but if you click on the third one a work sheet comes up allowing you to enter info from 3922 near the bottom of worksheet. Maybe @Orlando will check and see why the first two do not work

Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Investigating.. I see what you mean, but it'll probably take a day to troubleshoot since this intersects a few teams.

Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Does this webinar help? From what I've been told, if you register you can access the recording.. hopefully that is useful.  https://onlinexperiences.com/scripts/Server.nxp?LASCmd=AI:4;F:QS!10100&ShowKey=100551&Referrer=https...

0 Cheers
cinmon428
Level 7

Based on the course description, it does not look to me like the course would deal with employee stock such as ESPP. 

0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

It says this in the abstract as a bullet point, but I can't vouch for it

Review the Methods for Entering Stock Transactions for the Schedule D

If you know for sure it's not helpful, let me know and i'll pass that feedback up the chain

0 Cheers
cinmon428
Level 7

They have instituted a whole bunch of new worksheets this year. That alone is frustrating, but I don't see that the ESPP worksheet connects to Schedule D. I've tried it a few times and I don't see how it works. The outline you showed me is way too general for answering this question. I need the answer to that specific question. I'm not interested in going through an entire course to get that answer. Come on Proseries! You can do better than this.