Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New user of eSignature for my clients this year. On my joint returns, having the problem of only one spouse signing and returning the document.

SwimDad
Level 3
My letter notes that both need to sign, but that hasn't worked.  So what is correct to use eSignuature on a joint return?
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
oakhillsal
Level 3

Had that problem too...  Then I found out that you have to have TWO email addresses; one for the TP and one for the SP.  Each one gets a separate email and separate signature envelope.  I now have a couple out that use the same email for both and I think it will be fine but I'm holding my breath.

Hope this helps or solves your issue.

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
oakhillsal
Level 3

Had that problem too...  Then I found out that you have to have TWO email addresses; one for the TP and one for the SP.  Each one gets a separate email and separate signature envelope.  I now have a couple out that use the same email for both and I think it will be fine but I'm holding my breath.

Hope this helps or solves your issue.

sylmar
Level 1

I am new at using esignature this year and I am using 2 different emails and keep getting error message unble to retrieve email template, do you know why I may be getting thi error? I have trid suppor 3 days straight they are no help and I am considering switching tax programs I have had to many issues, so frustrating....

0 Cheers
oakhillsal
Level 3

Make sure your email program is NOT open when you try to load the template.  If the program is open then the tax program can't open another copy and you get the error.  I closed outlook and then it worked for me.  I hope that works for you.

0 Cheers