Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New return due date of May 17, 2021 - I need to make this the payment due date

mcrawford2020
Level 1

Since the new filing due date is 5/17/21, I need the payment date to be 5/17/21, but the software generates an error?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
dkh
Level 15

There was an Alert today regarding this.   Big yellow banner across top of the screen.      IRS hasn't made the change yet so ProSeries cannot make the change yet.   

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Give the taxpayer the option to have you set it up for April 15th, or they can do it themselves (such as on IRS Direct Pay) if they want it done after that.

LizPS
Level 4

Any guess when this change will be made by the IRS and therefore ProSeries?

0 Cheers
phamcpa
Level 1

Yeah, I am waiting for Proseries to make the change/updates for this also. I just tried to call Proseries support line but the wait time is over an hour.

0 Cheers
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

or give them a 1040-V and tell them to write a check(if they know what that is) and mail on May 17th.

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.