Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Required TOOSHA Poster

PATAX
Level 15

A new poster, from TOOSHA, the Tax Office Occupational Safety And Hazard Administration, is required to be posted right next to your clients' coat and hat rack, which reads as follows: "Please do not take off your coat and hat if you plan on lying about the amounts you received from the child tax credit payments, economic impact payment, or anything else on your return. Have a nice day, and see you next century"....😉

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

But what if you don't have a hat rack?

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

22 Comments 22
IRonMaN
Level 15

But what if you don't have a hat rack?

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

Just pound some Nails into the wall, that's all, it'll work...

IRonMaN
Level 15

What if your reception area walls are concrete or brick?

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

They have long masonry screws or masonry nails for that... It will work just perfect and who knows maybe your office will appear in the next edition of Better Homes and Offices...

IRonMaN
Level 15

What if you only have short ones?

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

Then you can get exactly what I have, which is a tall free-standing coat and hat rack, looks like a real tall lamp, minus the bulb and the other crap up top of course...

dkh
Level 15

Rent one of those nifty tools that uses a 22cal bullet to shoot nails into masonry.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I can't do that.  Having one of those things around during tax season could be quite dangerous for a few of my clients. 😅

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

20211228_104454.jpg

PATAX
Level 15

Here you go Iron Man... See how nice it looks .. I kind of hog it up for myself, and when it gets filled I tell clients just to throw their coats on the floor so my German Shepherd can lay down on it... They like all the extra hair on their coats..

IRonMaN
Level 15

I have one of those too.  I was just saying "what if" to try to help out other folks that didn't have one of those or a German Shepherd.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

I should not have gotten my Heidi fixed, and I could have sold one of her puppies to those folks for about $2,000 each... She came from a litter of eleven, so if she followed in her mother's pawsteps, and my math is correct, I could have made $22,000 every year!... That is more than I made from my practice the last ten years combined.... Oh well, I don't want any boy dogs coming around looking for my Heidi anyways...🐕

IRonMaN
Level 15

It's a good thing you got her fixed ------ you wouldn't want to have a broken dog😜

Slava Ukraini!
George4Tacks
Level 15
I hate in when things go sideways!

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
dkh
Level 15

LOL good one George  !!!

Camp1040
Level 10

You can't be serious.......A tax client lie?

My clients never fib and are always organized. 

I'm selling a bridge if anyone is interested. 

PATAX
Level 15

Jed Clampett was interested in the Brooklyn Bridge but Honest John already sold that to him... So I guess you're going to have to wait a little while...

IRonMaN
Level 15

They can lie to their barber, but they better not lie to me.  If they do, their barber will be preparing their tax return.

Slava Ukraini!
Camp1040
Level 10

I have corrected a few returns for DIYer's who have taken tax advice from their barbers or relatives!

PATAX
Level 15

I have a big picture of the Amityville Horror House hanging up in my office. When they lie to me, I look at them, and then I point to the picture. When they ask me "What does that mean", I reply "Get Ouuuuuuut"....

IRonMaN
Level 15

I've been lucky over the years.  I joke a lot here about my clients, but overall they are pretty good people.  There are a few that have some impure thoughts from time to time so every now and then I have to use my "scared straight" talk to keep them on the straight and narrow.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

Yeah most of my clients are pretty good too... I only accept new clients via referrals, usually relatives of existing clients... That usually works out pretty good....