Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New ProSeries Package - For New Customers Only

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Wow, Intuit has a rather nice new package for some of the smaller sized tax practices.

200 returns of ANY type (including all business returns), plus free organizers.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/proseries/choice-200/

Unfortunately, it is for new customers only, and it seems like returning customers can not get it at all (even at a higher price).  If that is the case, that pisses me off.

I understand (but don't totally agree with) a lower introductory price for new customers, but it seems like returning customers can't get that package at all.

@Ashley, is that correct, that returning customers can not get that package at all (even at a higher price)?

P.S.:  Where on earth to they come up with the MSRP (Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price)?  Those are NOT the prices Intuit would EVER charge for the current year product (they are higher than the 'rack rate' on the price list).  It is a deceitful marketing tactic.  Well, not even really deceitful, it seems to be an outright lie.

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

That is a wee bit odd having one package that is available for new customers only.  But then again this is Intuit, where the alternative spelling for Intuit is Odd, so go figure.  I am kind of anxious to hear the explanation for this one.  Like you said, they offer the price break for new customers because of the preparers "cost to convert" factor, but providing one whole package that is only available for new customers is a new one.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

25 Comments 25
TaxGuyBill
Level 15
0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
It is a new customer offering.  And we typically have something for new customers as an introductory offer.  To be honest there was most likely some offering or discount when you first came in as well.  I am happy to discuss with you the best offering in your case based on your return volume to make sure you're not paying for something you don't need.  I apologize, but yes, this is a new customer offering.
0 Cheers
Taxes-by-Rocky
Level 7
Agree, that is quite a discount particularly if you are hitting them with the full price in the following year.  Teaser rates just build ill will with the rest of your customer base.  Even we don't mind giving the new guy a discount....but at that price....who needs him?  And, if that is what you guys are offering....I'm sure the others will offer that to me as well.  You might want to rethink that one.  And if the real answer is that you don't need to charge the rest of us that much for the product....then I would suggest dropping the rates for all of us.  We won't complain....that or improve the product.  Thanks.
0 Cheers
kaseyCPA
Level 3
Ashley- I'll be calling you! Kevin said NO WAY would he let me have the 200 returns for $1500. Bad news.  Bad for business.
"Hey we have something that is a perfect fit for you, and you can't have it!!"
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

That is a wee bit odd having one package that is available for new customers only.  But then again this is Intuit, where the alternative spelling for Intuit is Odd, so go figure.  I am kind of anxious to hear the explanation for this one.  Like you said, they offer the price break for new customers because of the preparers "cost to convert" factor, but providing one whole package that is only available for new customers is a new one.

Slava Ukraini!
taxiowa
Level 8
Level 8
While I am not really mad because the package would not work for me anyway, I do not like the favoring of new customers over long time devoted ones.  Banks use to give toasters to new customers and not the ones that supported them for years.  My policy is offer discounts to existing clients.  But I still wonder "Where is my toaster."  I could use one.
IRonMaN
Level 15
I received two toasters from Intuit along with my renewal quote.  Maybe the second one was yours.

Slava Ukraini!
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
I do understand what you're saying about "long time devoted" discounts, and again, I'm happy to look into your account to see if there is a better package/offering that makes more sense for your business.
kaseyCPA
Level 3
Ashley- I'll be calling you! Kevin said NO WAY would he let me have the 200 returns for $1500. Bad news.  Bad for business.
"Hey we have something that is a perfect fit for you, and you can't have it!!"
IRonMaN
Level 15
Isn't Kevin Netty's brother?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
mojocpa
Level 7
And I believe Iram's brother, too.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
It's a big family.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
kaseyCPA
Level 3
Kevin is Ashley's brother, and he is by no means letting me have the 200 returns, which is PERFECT for me!!
0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
I can assure you that i have no brother named Kevin.  As mentioned, the package is  a new customer offering, and apologize for any confusion there.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Do you have any brothers named Darryl or Darryl?

Slava Ukraini!
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
Nope, no Darryls either..... this is fun. LOL
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
how many brothers do you have that you are unaware of, Ash?
0 Cheers
The-Tax-Lady
Level 9

That price probably doesn't include the Fast Path Fee which is always a separate item on the invoice.

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15
All of the other prices include the Fast Path fee.
https://proconnect.intuit.com/proseries/pricing-main/

Also, if I was a new customer and signed up for that $1499 package, I would be REALLY pissed if they told me I needed to pay another $380 to USE the software.
0 Cheers
mojocpa
Level 7
Remember, Bill, this is Intuit we are talking about.
0 Cheers
The-Tax-Lady
Level 9
The new customer package is the only one you can't click a "buy now" button to get so I'm guessing the Fast Path fee is explained when the newbie calls Intuit. If I recall correctly, you need the Fast Path to e-file so the software could be used to prepare returns & paper file? Being pissed at Intuit is an ongoing, never ending emotion so why not start the new customer relationship right away. 🙂
IRonMaN
Level 15
Too many negative vibes.  I've said it before and I'll say it again - I don't offer any of my clients discounts for being long term clients ---------------------- or for being brand spanking new clients so the discount thing doesn't bother me.  But with that said, I'm not sure why you can't offer the same package to the existing customers, even if you charge a couple bucks more than the new meat coming in the door.  Personally, the package wouldn't work for me so I don't have a dog in the hunt on this one, but sometimes you have to throw a dog a bone when he is howling at the door.  As side note, I don't know why Bill even brought this up since everybody knows that if you answer at least 50 questions a year here, you get your software for free the next year :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
kaseyCPA
Level 3
What was the older package they used to offer - for small businesses? Not here either!
0 Cheers
msdavis1326
Level 1

While the website may say otherwise, if you twist the renewal peoples arms they will sell you this product even if you are not a new customer and at roughly the same discount percentage they offered on your renewal.

Sadly, with the quality of customer care and the limited offering choices advertised you have to push or else they'll screw you.

ono
Level 1

Hope you can give us more options for renewals. Ty

0 Cheers