Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fast Path - Unable to e-file 2019 returns

Viking Queen
Level 2

I have a couple of clients that didn't get their 8879 to me before the first of this year, thus missing the 12-31 deadline to use my 2019 Fast Path (basic).

I got a new Fast Path (pro) and have been unable to e-file.

When I go to tools/license it shows both Fast Paths.

I was told earlier this week that I needed to wait for the open filing (today). Still getting the same error:

Fast Path Required

You must have an active ProSeries Fast Path license for tax year 2020 in order to access this feature in 2021.

Please visit My Account to renew or verify your ProSeries software renewal status for tax year 2021

Please help. If I go into 2019 Pro (versus basic, where the 1040 is), it is trying to charge me PPR. I have literally spent thousands for tax software and REALLY do not want to pay more for something I already have.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Theres some weird quirk that happens when you had Basic then switch up to Pro, for some reason the prior year Basic doesnt recognize the Fast path you paid for with 2020 Pro.

I dont know what the fix is, except maybe to download 2019 Professional then it will pick up the 2020 Pro Fast Path license....but Im just guessing here, Im honestly not sure that would solve it or not.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Viking Queen
Level 2

Thanks Lisa. Yeah, I have the 2019 Pro, but it is trying to get me to PPR it @ $75. I don't want to do that if I can avoid it. 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I think you're going to have to call into support and have them give you a manual code to bypass that payment screen.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Hugosky2
Level 3

file by paper mail the tax return 

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

With the IRS backlog of 6.7 million returns? and the unreliability/slowness of the postal service?

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
Rick Geiger LTC
Level 2

I just ran into the exact same issue - I had 2019 Basic and upgraded to Pro for 2020.  Was a solution to this ever discovered?  Thanks.

0 Cheers
Viking Queen
Level 2

I literally was switched around a bit on the telephone (person to person to person), but I eventually got a hold of someone that was able to do this for me. They needed to make my 2019 account 'Pro' (versus the Basic + 15 Business that I had), thus giving me the ability to e-file.

0 Cheers