Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"New Alert" doesn't apply to ProSeries Basic edition

jhbvtacpa
Level 5

Why is a 'New Alert" that deals with a "Client Analyzer Query" that's not available in ProSeries Basic being shown this morning? The link to the article specifically deals with ProSeries Professional, and of course, buries the fact that the promised update for yesterday was not delivered!!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

8 Comments 8
BobKamman
Level 15

Never hurts to know what you're missing by not paying more.  

jhbvtacpa
Level 5

I also use ProSeries Professional for my more complex returns on a pay-per-return basis, but it's pretty cost-effective to crank out 150-200 returns using the Basic software.

You're right Bob, I feel like Intuit is throwing it in my face for not using the more expensive Lacerte or other platforms.

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

You can populate the Homebase in Professional with all of the 1040s and run the analyzer.

jhbvtacpa
Level 5

TGB,

I appreciate the reply. I guess my question is why should I perform this extra step when Intuit should take care of this for me within the Basic software?

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

If Basic did everything that Professional does, why would anybody purchase Professional?

If you purchased the lower-cost program, you need to expect it have fewer features.

jhbvtacpa
Level 5

Understand completely. I appreciate the great comments.

I'm well aware of the 35-40 clients that have unemployment and/or PTC issues. I don't need to run a query. Since I bought the "value meal", I'm tracking these people on my own. This is my 31st year as a CPA, I still know how to copy, paste and assemble!

I'm just curious why a banner alert would be inserted in a program that it is in no way applicable.

taxes---taxes
Level 3

I find that the "community" is very helpful but it is also slowly becoming a hotbed for jerks and cynics. I also have the same issue that you have. The majority of my client base are straight forward 1040 returns so there is no need for me to pay for professional. I use it maybe 5x a year and I also go the per per return route there. The issue at hand affects both pro and basic and so any fixes and/or updates should be for the 2 tiers. The fact is that Intuit gets it wrong more often than they get it right in moments like this. I often wish that I had the time and patience to check out another product.

jhbvtacpa
Level 5

Couldn't have said it better myself!