Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nevada with Zip Code

Helpemout
Level 3

Sorry, Can someone please figure this out.  Inputting company EIN, Company name, address and

cannot enter Nevada (NV) or the zip code.   Also no way to mark as a part year resident of NV.

They do not have State Tax so I am guessing Intuit didn't think of this when not including it in list of

states.  Someone got a work aroiund???

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Since Ive asked twice now and you still havent provided it...have you verified that it IS a valid NV zipcode?   if its not a valid zipcode, you'll get the same error.

If you google that particular city in NV, can you find a different zipcode for it?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
10 Comments 10
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Works for me in Professional.

nvpyres.png

IRonMaN
Level 15

What are you trying to enter?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

What form are you trying fill out

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
what zip code are you using? let me see if its not recognized in my program either.

0 Cheers
Helpemout
Level 3

I'm in Basic

0 Cheers
Helpemout
Level 3

I'm in Pro Series.  It won't accept  "NV" or the zip code for it.

0 Cheers
Helpemout
Level 3

If it works in Professional, perhaps the programer's can get a fix done for Basic from the one that does work.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You didnt answer any of the questions asked above...

where in the program are you entering it?  In the Fed info worksheet?  on a W2?

What zip code are you entering?   

Do you have the return with the state allocation section completed like I gave a screen shot for?

0 Cheers
Helpemout
Level 3

I don't know how to explain what the problem is any clearer than I have.  One more time:

I am entering the Vendor information for a W-2 in Pro Series Basic.  I have entered the EIN #, the name,

the street address.  When I enter NV I get a message it is not a valid state and when I input the zip code I get a message it is not correct.  

I have tried the Part Year Resident, it does not recognize NV.  There fore I cannot allocate between the two states.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Since Ive asked twice now and you still havent provided it...have you verified that it IS a valid NV zipcode?   if its not a valid zipcode, you'll get the same error.

If you google that particular city in NV, can you find a different zipcode for it?

0 Cheers