Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

network license

johnbarry
Level 2

I intend to install proseries on more than one computer, although I will be the sole preparer.

I have done this in past years.  I do not  think I have ever had to get a network license.

Is this new ?  I do not have a network.  

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I have the program on multiple computer's , Im the only person that uses each computer, no network license.  Just install as Stand Alone on each one.   

Id recommend only Efiling from one computer though, updating acknowledgements on multiple computers can get confusing.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
sjrcpa
Level 15

@Just-Lisa-Now-  probably knows.

Ex-AllStar
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I have the program on multiple computer's , Im the only person that uses each computer, no network license.  Just install as Stand Alone on each one.   

Id recommend only Efiling from one computer though, updating acknowledgements on multiple computers can get confusing.

L0ngtaithien
Level 3

Silly question but how do you open files that are  saved from the computers? or Are you storage files on network or server?

Thank you 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

If Im at home, I pluck a client file from the cloud where my back-up is (I use Carbonite) and work on it, then I copy it off to a flash drive to bring it back to the office, I dont have a cloud back-up running at home.

Some people use One Drive to be able to access files on multiple computers..

johnbarry
Level 2

Thanks Lisa - I wanted to test on old computer before I setup with new (permanant) computer.

0 Cheers