Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Security program blocked this message, is it safe?

VEP
Level 1

This comes us as a threat and was blocked, what is it?  Will it harm my pc

Threat name - IDP.Generic

File Path:        c:\ProWin20\32bit\CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe

Does any one know?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
qbteachmt
Level 15

It seems to be an embedded browser extension, and it's not a virus. Read this topic:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/proseries-2020-install-...

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

This was mentioned a week or two ago.  It is safe.  I cant remember the details though.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

CefSharp is basically a small version of Google's Chrome Browser.  Some parts of ProSeries, ProTaxOnline and Lacerte are actually the same web "widget", like login.  For ProSeries and Lacerte we host those web widgets in this CefSharp/Chrome Browser, so that we can talk to the widgets and get responses back (for example getting your user details after you login).

It should be safe as long nobody has tampered with it on your machine. Just cause I'm paranoid, if my anti virus flagged it I'd double check it. Go to it in File Explorer, right click and check the digital signature:

2021-01-23_13-46-40.png