Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My client has a Wisconsin NOL. Where are the NOL forms for Wisconsin in ProSeries Professional? How does one report a current year NOL for Wisconsin?

smudge231
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
Adam_Apell
Level 1

I too have a few clients that consistently maintain WI NOL's.  Since these are cumbersome to work through, it would be very helpful to have the worksheets and schedules in Proseries ready to use.

0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

it would be on form 1, other subtractions, line 10

0 Cheers
BrianG932
Level 3

I think he's referring to the NOL calculation worksheets, which gives you the number to enter on Line 10 of Other Subtractions.  I asked for the NOL worksheets to be included for years, but Intuit never added them.  I finally gave up asking and now do the worksheets by hand and enter the results onto Line 10.

0 Cheers
Adam_Apell
Level 1

That is what I have also been doing.  Just wondering if anybody has found an easier option rather than doing it the long hard way.

0 Cheers
BrianG932
Level 3

There are three new Wisconsin schedules for calculation of the Wisconsin NOL deduction, NOL carryforward and expiration record.  These are Schedule NOL1, Schedule NOL2 and Schedule NOL3.  They were implemented for the 2018 tax year and are required to be attached to the Wisconsin return if they are used.  They take the place of the old NOL worksheets that were in the NOL bulletin.  I see that Lacerte has added these schedules, but ProSeries has not.  I have asked ProSeries to add them, since they are required forms.  Maybe if enough people request these forms, they'll get added.  Don't bother adding this as an enhancement request on their website.  I've done this for various requests over the years and nothing ever happens.  I plan to continue calling to ask for an update on the addition of these schedules.  Others interested may wish to do the same.

0 Cheers