Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Calif SMLLC electronic filing

I have a client with multiple disregarded California SMLLC's. I know that I have to separately electronically file each one, making a separate file for each additional LLC return.

My question is: Does ProSeries attach the Federal Form 1040 to the individually filed Calif Forms 568?

I have the federal electronic filing box NOT checked.

TIA

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PATAX
Level 15

Print preview the state return to the screen and if the federal return prints out with it then it is probably required to be e-filed and will probably be sent with it... That is my experience with State returns that require a copy of the federal...

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
It should send anything required...is the 1040 required to go along with the 568? When Ive filed them by mail, I dont remember attaching the 1040 to it.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

I don't think so it is as it stands alone. The California franchise fee and franchise tax are based on the gross receipts. This is 1040 with 70 rental properties spread across 5 LLC's. I want to be sure I get it right but if I don't have to do the data entry for all 5, that is preferable as ... 70 properties time 5 returns!! Ugh. I tried searching the Franchise Tax Board instructions to no avail.

0 Cheers
PATAX
Level 15

Print preview the state return to the screen and if the federal return prints out with it then it is probably required to be e-filed and will probably be sent with it... That is my experience with State returns that require a copy of the federal...

Hey thanks! That was a capital idea. When I printed the Calif LLC Form 568 filing copy to screen, just that printed and no Federal attached. Nifty trick!

It makes sense to me that it would not be required. Form 568 is state Gross Receipts and pay the LLC Franchise fee and tax based on that.

PATAX
Level 15

You're welcome.