Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi factor authentication for pro series professional 2020

roncohen
Level 2

any ideas, Pro Series tech doesn't know the answer and the articles do not seem to pop up

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

9 Comments 9
itonewbie
Level 15

Sign into your Intuit account and you'll find the option to turn on 2FA.  Once you have turned it on, SMS or phone call would be the primary method; you may, however, switch to using an authenticator of your choice as your primary method.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

https://accounts.intuit.com/index.html

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
roncohen
Level 2

maybe I am missing something.

I want multi factor when I sign into Proseries 2020 (stand alone computers)

I have multi factor when I sign into intuit.accountants.

thank you for your help

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

If you have 2FA turned on for your Intuit account, you will need to sign in with that the first time you log into PS.  There's not a separate 2FA setting for PS.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
roncohen
Level 2

I do have 2FA truned on in my intuit accountant account.and I get a text message before i can sign in,

but my question still is, on my stand alone PRO Series 2020 sign in, which I assume is totally separate from Intuit accountant sign in, there is only my email and password, no text message is issued to get into the Pro series 2020 tax software to work on clients. Any thoughts.

Can you help with this question.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

That's how it works.  The only Intuit professional tax product that requires 2FA each time someone signs in is ProConnect Tax Online, which is cloud-based, but that's only because you need to log into your Intuit account in order to access your returns.

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
roncohen
Level 2

thank you for your answer

too bad we can't have 2FA on the stand alone for protection

take care

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

NP, @roncohen.  Have a great day!

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
vthayer
Level 1

Hi ! Did you ever get a solution? I am also trying to add a multifactor authentication to the Proseries professional desktop version.

Thank you!

0 Cheers