Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Year

TP82
Level 3

Has anyone else noticed the year of the return (2020) is missing from the Form 8879?  I usually file my signed 8879's as the first page in my files and it makes it nice to quickly identify the year of the return.  I checked the IRS website and it is not on their form either.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Youre supposed to enter the date in on the top line of the form, theres a  spot for it.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Youre supposed to enter the date in on the top line of the form, theres a  spot for it.

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

As Lisa pointed out, the IRS changed the form.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I wish the program would put that 20 in the box on the line, I edited the client template so it will on all new clients, but that doesnt do it on existing clients.

TP82
Level 3

Thanks, I see the line in Part 1 to enter the year but on the screen, the 2020 is in the upper right hand corner in a large font but it does not print there, only the OMB form number.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
right, they took it out of the corner on the printed copy...I guess so it doesnt have to be updated each year with a new number up top.

TP82
Level 3

Not sure of the logic for this change since we have never had to enter the year in the past but I am sure we will thank them for changing it someday!!

0 Cheers