Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing refund

ajp
Level 5

A client still hasn't received her refund.  She hasn't received a letter either.  We filed back in April.  When she goes to "where's my refund" it just says processing.  Any ideas?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
George4Tacks
Level 15

Assuming you filed for this client, start with https://www.irs.gov/tax-professionals/practitioner-priority-service-r#:~:text=Our%20Practitioner%20P....

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
dkh
Level 15

I had a client, efiled late March, that was stuck in "Processing" mode.  I called Practitioner Line, found out client was to have received the Identity Verification Letter but due to IRS closing in March for the pandemic the letter was not sent.  With client on a conference call, we were able to be transferred to division that handles the verifications.     So, long story short, worth the time to call PPS.  

BobKamman
Level 15

Clients called IRS themselves last week, after three hours on the phone they verified their identity and were told the refund would be issued in another nine weeks.  (That's probably just IRS baffletalk, with the interest accruing it will probably be more like two or three weeks.)  Return had been filed in April.  

Another client filed in March and died in June.  No estate.  The refund and EIP were to pay the funeral home.