Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Massachusetts Electronic Returns not sending acknowledgements yet?

MWMALLON
Level 2

I have about 100 returns that I have electronically filed since the 27th.  They federal acknowledgements have come through fine but the Massachusetts ones are all still showing as "sent to state".  We haven't gotten a single Massachusetts acceptance yet.  Anyone else having the same issue?  I am wondering if they just haven't started processing them yet.  Thanks!

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TLFIV
Level 2

Hello - I am a fellow MA preparer, we have not had any of our MA returns receive an acknowledgement yet.....all of the Federal and other State returns have been filed and accepted promptly....

View solution in original post

13 Comments 13
IRonMaN
Level 15

Some states are just generally slow and some get bogged down periodically.  But as a side note have you tried highlighting the returns in your EF center and clicking on "update acknowledgements"?

Slava Ukraini!
MWMALLON
Level 2

Thanks, yes, I've tried the "update selected returns" to double check and the status remains the same.  I am just hoping to hear from one other Massachusetts preparer to make sure it is just a system wide thing in which case I won't worry at all about the delay.  I searched and hadn't read about any Massachusetts specific delays in their processing of returns so thought I would just check here. Thanks for the response.

TLFIV
Level 2

Hello - I am a fellow MA preparer, we have not had any of our MA returns receive an acknowledgement yet.....all of the Federal and other State returns have been filed and accepted promptly....

TLFIV
Level 2

Just received all of my MA acknowledgements - FYI.

dad751
Level 3

I just updated efile ack. Most of the state returns finally went through but several that were sent at the same time as the others have not. We'll see tomorrow.

Colmatt
Level 5

Still none out of 50

MWMALLON
Level 2

Yup, most of mine cleared this morning too.  Maybe this will just be the new norm this year for Massachusetts or, hopefully, they will be on a more consistent shorter schedule going forward.  Thanks everyone, I just wanted to be sure it was an issue across the board rather than an isolated one for myself.  Good luck this season everyone!

dad751
Level 3

Mine also went through this morning. Now my only wish list  is that Mass DOR  would let people pay quarterly estimates through the tax program like the federal. 

Colmatt
Level 5

Mine too...thanks for dragging your feet MA.  

Thanks everyone

0 Cheers
MWMALLON
Level 2

That would be sweet for sure.  Setting up an account online to do for each individual just doesn't cut it for the elderly.

0 Cheers
dad751
Level 3

Even for me to do it for them it takes about an hour to figure it out on the website. I can't seem to set up an account for them and it's just too frustrating to do it. Not worth the effort.

0 Cheers

All of these replies were 4 weeks ago.  I only have 1 or 2 MA returns each year and I efiled one on Friday, Feb 29.  Still no acceptance from MA.  They are usually accepted fast.  I tried updating EF status.  Still says sent to state.  Have the rest of all your MA returns since 4 weeks ago been taking some time to get accepted?

0 Cheers
MWMALLON
Level 2

Yes, they are doing them now.  This post was early in the season when they started late.  They are very slow when compared to the IRS on accepting them regularly.  Especially if you send them near a weekend it can take almost a week before they get acknowledged.  IRS is super fast by comparison.

0 Cheers