Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maryland Form 502SU Line R

mlthomas26
Level 3

I have a client who has  pension from the State of Maryland.  There is an amount listed on Line 19 Pick-up Contributions.  

When completing the 1099R in ProSeries, I put a "P" in the "State use code" box under Line 15-1.

I went to MD enter the pick up Contribution information in the "Pickup Contribution Amount Smart Worksheet" on Form 502SU.

The subtraction displays on Line 13 on Form 502 with an "R" code.

Here I am getting an error message that states "Other subtractions code 1, must have a Form 1099R from the state retirement or pension system present in the return with a code R is entered to qualify for electronic filing.  Enter the pickup amount in the federal 1099-R box 17."

When I go to the federal 1099R in ProSeries, Line 17 is Local Tax.

Could someone please tell me what I am doing wrong.

Thanks

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
dascpa
Level 11

On the Federal 1099-R worksheet you missed the entry of the pickup amount listed on the 1099-R in which you list in box 19-1.  After the Code P it will then transfer to the MD return properly.

0 Cheers
mlthomas26
Level 3

Thank you

0 Cheers
mlthomas26
Level 3

The message in the warning box should be corrected to state Line 19-1 instead of Line 17.  This would make it easier to understand.

0 Cheers
dascpa
Level 11

Agreed.  But if you under the HELP for all state 1099-R codes it does tell you how to enter for each and every state.

0 Cheers