Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maryland Extension

lady
Level 2

Maryland Individual Returns were automatically extended until 07/15/21 but when I go to e-file a Maryland extension I get the message: The electronic filing season for this agency is closed. Why is it closed when the due date is 07/15/21?

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
sjrcpa
Level 15

Because MD didn't update the efile system for July 15. File on paper or have client do it on MD's website.

Ex-AllStar
ehammondcpa
Level 3

Is it the MD Comptroller's fault that we can't e-file extensions? Or has ProSeries not updated their system?

If we weren't going to be able to e-file the extensions or payments, I would have hoped that ProSeries would have been professional enough to send an alert when they knew about this problem. To have an e-file error that states the filing season has closed, when it hasn't, is not helpful to anyone. Will we be able to file previously extended returns electronically? Is anyone working to resolve the problem?

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

Yes you will be able to efile MD returns.

I have no idea whose fault it is about not being able efile MD extensions on 7/15.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers