Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maryland Due Date Update in Software?

mfsjpm01
Level 3

Is anyone seeing when Intuit is going to update the software to reflect Maryland's due date extension?  Maryland has made July 15 the due date, but the software still gives an error when entering the date of payment beyond 4/15.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mfsjpm01
Level 3

Despite the great responses below, I wanted to update this thread with the answer from ProSeries:

There is an error in the MD update and it is not allowing payment dates beyond 4/15.  They are sending out another update on 4/8 which should resolve the problem.  If that does not resolve, the support rep suggesting e-filing without the error checking.

View solution in original post

9 Comments 9
dascpa
Level 11

Please check the 300,000 posts on this subject already asked here?  MD will release the 502LU April 15th (we hope) and then it will take ProSeries time to update their software.  ProSeries has not updated the 04/15 date for many states.  Bottom line, you'll know when we all know.

mfsjpm01
Level 3

Thanks for your kind response.  Really appreciate the snark.  While you say there are 300,000 posts, my search returned one and it was answered with similar sarcasm.  Thanks for making me feel welcome in the community.

0 Cheers
dascpa
Level 11

First off there are a ton of questions asked on this same subject.  Second, why ask other tax preparers when ProSeries will release a software update.  We don't know any more than you do.  Call ProSeries if you want more info - you'll get no reply on this. And seriously, scroll back in the listing of posts. Count how many of the same topic.

mfsjpm01
Level 3

Wow.  You really don't care, do you?  Thanks for confirming that I will never ask another question of the community.  I've gotten nothing but this kind of crap from the two questions I've asked.  I search for an answer, I find one post (sorry for not scrolling through everything).  I ask the question.  I get slammed for not knowing.  Really appreciate it.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

"I've gotten nothing but this kind of crap from the two questions I've asked"

Two questions? 

I'll just leave it at that.

Slava Ukraini!
dascpa
Level 11

If I had the time, could make money on it, and understood the coding behind it, I would love to take over this board and make it work.  

Or better yet, have two boards - one for Levels 3 and above and one for below.

Or even consolidate ProSeries, Lacerte and ProConnect boards.

mfsjpm01
Level 3

Despite the great responses below, I wanted to update this thread with the answer from ProSeries:

There is an error in the MD update and it is not allowing payment dates beyond 4/15.  They are sending out another update on 4/8 which should resolve the problem.  If that does not resolve, the support rep suggesting e-filing without the error checking.

dtfaust
Level 2

I did not receive an update in my software the new filing date deadline in MD.

Did anyone receive this update?

0 Cheers
BC2
Level 2

I contacted Proseries. They told me the update was going to be 4/8. Still waiting. 

0 Cheers