Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

March Windows 10 Update - Important

dascpa
Level 11

Microsoft is now telling us NOT to install this past week's security update. Roughly half the PC's out there experienced (me too) loss of printing ability or BSOD (blue screen of death). They're now saying if you did update to undo it (Win 10 allows you to uninstall updates) until they get this fixed. 

To see what version of Win 10 your on:

1. Press the Windows Key and R to bring up the Run window.
  2. Type winver in the text field and press Enter.

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

8 Comments 8
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
too late what version is bad?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Well, my home system updated 3/11, all seems ok so far

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
dascpa
Level 11

This was what was forwarded to me.  I uninstalled and computer works fine now. Talk to your IT person before doing.

Please go to Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Programs and Features Click on the “View installed updates”

Remove Windows updates that are corresponding to your Windows version, see below:
For Windows 10 version 1909 – remove -> (KB5000808)
For Windows 10 version 2004 – remove -> (KB5000802)
For Windows 10 version 20H2 – remove -> (KB5000802)
For Windows 10 version 1809 – remove -> (KB5000822)
For Windows 8.1 – remove -> (KB5000848 and KB5000853)
For Windows 7 SP1 – remove -> (KB5000841 and KB5000851)

dascpa
Level 11

i was told over 50 million computers might have the printing problem or the blue screen of death.  Not sure how they know that number.

PATAX
Level 15

Thank you for the information... That is why I try to never let automatic downloads to my computer ..But sometimes after a while  you have no choice and  it appears that you may not be able to shut off computer without downloading update...

qbteachmt
Level 15

I want to thank you for posting this here. One of my systems had BSOD yesterday and instead of freaking out over it, I recognized it was what you mentioned and I removed the KB-802. So far, all is good. I do a lot of IT as it is , and not having to research this meant my downtime was about 10 minutes.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
rbynaker
Level 13

I read this on another list:

"MS has since released a patch to their update. Look for KB5001567."

PATAX
Level 15

Yesterday Update was downloaded...Thank God there was no problem ..., I was worried that my computer was going to crash...

0 Cheers