Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Malpractice on Returns With Unemployment?

BobKamman
Level 15

It has been a week since the $10,200 exclusion amendment was proposed.

If someone waited this long to ask if there is a way to find those returns, can they be sued by someone who filed their return in the last week without being advised that they should wait?

Not sure what the damages would be. Maybe just a free amended return.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

10 Comments 10
dkh
Level 15

lol....... Did you really need to add to my anxiety?   

IRonMaN
Level 15

Have a drink, it's on me! 

IRonMaN_0-1615567534222.png

Slava Ukraini!
dkh
Level 15

Thanks !!!!    Drinking and taxing.....even more potential for malpractice  😂

IRonMaN
Level 15

We can help you out on those malpractice lawsuits.  We can be character witnesses.  We are real characters so I'm sure your attorney will want us up on the witness stand to help you out.  👨‍⚖️

Slava Ukraini!
BobKamman
Level 15

You don't even have to put us on the stand.  Just pay the retainer so your client can't hire us to testify against you.  

sjrcpa
Level 15

1040s were filed in the last week?

I'm up to my eyeballs in 1065s and 1120Ss. Haven't even looked at a 1040.

Ex-AllStar
rbynaker
Level 13

@sjrcpa wrote:

1040s were filed in the last week?

I'm up to my eyeballs in 1065s and 1120Ss. Haven't even looked at a 1040.

No rush on the 1040s.  Next week the IRS is going to tell us all that we can go on vacation and deal with 1040s when we come back in June.  Considering last regular tax season just ended up blending in with extension tax season for one giant disaster I think I'm due at least two months of vacation this year.

abctax55
Level 15

@dkh   I do my "best" work after a glass (or two, or the entire bottle..) of wine.  Or at least I'm faster because I stop worrying about those *minor* details such as transposed numbers or missing F 1099-R's.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
christijoguhn
Level 3

Sweet jesus.. I would be okay with ONE extra month- but not six...  I am ready to be DONE!

sjrcpa
Level 15

Me, too. I didn't get my January pre tax season vacation to a warm place because of COVID.

Ex-AllStar