Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Major tax preparer organization asks IRS for extended tax season

PATAX
Level 15

A major tax preparer organization has appealed to the IRS for an extended tax season. I hope that a decision is made soon so that tax preparers can plan accordingly.

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

They didn't announce last year's extension until after the March 15th business return due date.  If they do extend the date, it could be deja-vu all over again.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
qbteachmt
Level 15

"A major tax preparer organization"

AICPA

AARP

"Last week, an Internal Revenue Service official said the tax collection agency isn’t planning to change the April 15 filing deadline, but eight Democratic lawmakers say that’s what needs to happen in order to “eliminate unnecessary taxpayer and practitioner anxiety.”"

Lots of requests for it.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
IRonMaN
Level 15

They didn't announce last year's extension until after the March 15th business return due date.  If they do extend the date, it could be deja-vu all over again.

Slava Ukraini!
itonewbie
Level 15

Question is which major organization that represents tax professionals did not appeal to the IRS for an extended tax season?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
dascpa
Level 11

I have to admit, the major organization was me and my two staff.  We're it. And you can send thank you cards and donations via PayPal to me.

IRonMaN
Level 15

The check is in the mail.

Slava Ukraini!
rbynaker
Level 13

I've just been mailing letters to the IRS.  I'm hoping the letters will be delivered by the post office by May of 2022 and opened by the IRS some time in 2023.  Then they can retroactively extend the filing deadline to August 15 for 2020 returns as a result of the COVID-22 pandemic emergency declaration from President Harris.