Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locating and changing my DCN counter

Birdie Man
Level 2

I cannot locate the DCN counter at all.  I have already gone to "Tools" then "Options" then selected "Electronic Filing" on the left side of the menu and the counter is not there.  How do I find it?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

The only thing that might trip you up is when you download acknowledgements on one computer, then you try to download on the other computer it may tell you there are none, you'd have to highlight the files and choose Update Acks for Selected Returns, rather than the regular Receive Acknowledgements to get them to download on the second computer.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

8 Comments 8
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

There is no DCN counter anymore.  What are you trying to accomplish?

Birdie Man
Level 2

I have ProSeries loaded on my PC and my Laptop and wanted to be able to e-file from both computers, and based on my research, I wanted to keep the counters far enough apart so as to not cause confusion when e-filing.  How can this be resolved?  I am a one man show but am not always able to work on my PC which is why the Laptop comes in to play.

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

There shouldn't be a problem.

The IRS changed things several years back, and if I remember correct, that number is now a number that the IRS gives to YOU, not a number that you give to the IRS.

Birdie Man
Level 2

So, to be clear, it does not matter which computer I e-file a return from and there would not be any confusion or issues either with ProSeries or IRS accepting it?

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Correct.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

The only thing that might trip you up is when you download acknowledgements on one computer, then you try to download on the other computer it may tell you there are none, you'd have to highlight the files and choose Update Acks for Selected Returns, rather than the regular Receive Acknowledgements to get them to download on the second computer.

Birdie Man
Level 2

Excellent,  Thank you !

0 Cheers
Birdie Man
Level 2

Thank you very much, that was very informative and helpful!

0 Cheers