Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LLC Member Loan Basis

robertmazza
Level 3

I have a 2 member LLC and 1 member loaned the LLC money.  How can I allocate the entire loan amount to that 1 LLC member?  The program automatically splits the loan basis between the 2 LLC members.  I can't seem to find the solution on any of the worksheets.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dkh
Level 15

Use Schedule K-1 Worksheet (where you enter name and address of members) allows you do Special Allocations, enter Capital adjustments and Basis adjustments

View solution in original post

8 Comments 8
dkh
Level 15

Use Schedule K-1 Worksheet (where you enter name and address of members) allows you do Special Allocations, enter Capital adjustments and Basis adjustments

Accountant-Man
Level 12

To add to dkh, on Schedule K there is the total recourse and non recourse loans, and there is a block to put the letter code or number code to specially allocate back on the k1 worksheet.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
robertmazza
Level 3

Thanks for your response.  The instructions to enter the letter P for Member loans to the LLC.  This does not allocate the entire amount to a particular Member.  Instead, it allocates based on profit %.  I need to allocate the loan to only 1 Member, not all the Members.  Is there another step?

0 Cheers
robertmazza
Level 3

Thanks for responding.  I see the Special Allocations, but I do not see how that posts to a Member loan to the LLC.  Can you provide more specific instructions.  Thanks again.

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

Help me find where you are....  

@robertmazza wrote:

The instructions to enter the letter P for Member loans to the LLC. 

I'm not familiar with entering the letter P  and then maybe I can help with the allocation

robertmazza
Level 3

I used letter A on the K-1 worksheet and used letter A on Schedule L where the liabilities are separately analyzed as recourse or non-recourse.  I originally entered letter P (as the program instructions indicated) and that allocated the loan to both members based on their profit percentage.  Entering letter A instead of P solved my issue.  Thank you for solving my problem.  Very much appreciated.

robertmazza
Level 3

Thank you for resolving my problem.  As I wrote to dkh, replacing the letter P with the letter A on the Schedule L liabilities worksheet and entering the letter A on the member K-1 worksheet solved my problem.  Thank you for responding to my question and providing the solution.  Much appreciated.

dkh
Level 15

You are welcome.