Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launching 2019 ProSeries

Michael D
Level 3

Hi, does anyone else have a problem launching 2019 ProSeries? I was working on it Saturday. When I tried to open it on Sunday it did not open. I already invested 3.5 hourrs with Tech support who were uselsss. thanks

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

15 Comments 15
IRonMaN
Level 15

Have you tried uninstalling and then doing a fresh install of ProSeries?

Slava Ukraini!
Michael D
Level 3

Ironman- I have not. If I uninstall, do I lose all of my tax returns?

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

My understanding is they stay intact, but make sure you make a backup of your client files anyway just to be safe.

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You spent 3.5 hours on the phone with tech support and they didn't walk you through a clean reinstall?

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/reinstall-products/help/uninstall-rename-and-reinstall-intui...

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Michael D
Level 3

thank you very much Ironman! Problem is I will have to call the tech support desk again to walk me through the backup, deinstall and reinstall process. While I am tax savy, I am not at all tech savy. 

(btw- my IM event was postponed to next year)

IRonMaN
Level 15

You betcha!

For the record, you don't have to be tech savvy to do it.  Follow the instructions Lisa provided.  I'm not a techy person but I wouldn't hesitate to do the process myself.  

Slava Ukraini!
Michael D
Level 3

they did not! I had this problem earlier in the year with a 2013 program where I had a client doing past returns. I spent 8 hours on the phone with tech support with 4 different people. The 4th person solved it right away! Not all tech support people are created equal at ProSeries. Very frustrating!

Michael D
Level 3

Thank you Lisa!

Michael D
Level 3

2 more hours invested with tech support. Still nothing! This guy made things worse.  I need to somehow reach one of the programmers. These tech support people read from scripts. 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@IntuitAustin  can you help Michael get some kind of escalation up the ladder of support to help him fix this?

0 Cheers
Michael D
Level 3

Thank you Lisa! Here is what happended last night after two grueling hours:

-tried to uninstall program (not successfull)

-Rep told me to go into the C drive and add the word "OLD" next to TY2019

-tried to then download 2019 from the ProSeries website ( got halfway through and then it stopped)

-he then told me to go back to the C drive and delete TY2019OLD (cannot confirm if this was successful)

-I remember I had the cd from the intital installation and downloaded from that which was successful

-the problem is now when I open the program there are no tax returns in there- so somehow I need to get all the returns inot this 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Running Homebase Database Maintenance may bring the files back into Homebase (assuming theyre in the 19Data folder)

Top menu bar  Homebase > Database Maintenance

0 Cheers
Michael D
Level 3

Thank you Lisa- I will try that. What are the steps to run that as I have never run that before?

If I still hit a  roadblock, how do I cut through the red tape at Intuit and get a knowledgable tech support person? I struck out three times already. I am stressing with the 10/15 deadline approaching- I have plenty of work to do and losing days now.

0 Cheers
Michael D
Level 3

apologies- I see the instructions in the lower part of your reply. Thank you again!

0 Cheers
Michael D
Level 3

I need to contact a ProSeries expert. This is very frustrating. 

0 Cheers