Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lacerte conversion to ProSeries Pro

JCT1
Level 3

I use ProSeries Professional and have a new client whose 2018 1120S was prepared using Lacerte- the client has a lot of fixed asset data.  I have the 2018 Lacerte backup data files but can find absolutely no where in ProSeries to do the import and conversion even though I've seen Intuit articles promising this can be done.  So how does this happen??

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

This is the article for how to do it:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/form-1040/help/about-the-tax-data-conversion-wizard/00/5697

So you are essentially uploading the files to Intuit, and they eventually send you back the converted file.

If for some reason the steps in that article do not work, then you may need to call support.

JCT1
Level 3

Thanks but already read that article but it does not pan out- when I select "submit client data for conversion" absolutely nothing happens.  This looks like yet another of the many empty promises I have been made as an Intuit customer.  Although they promise my Lacerte 1120S data can be converted over to ProSeries Professional I will bet my life that when I call tomorrow I'll be told either 1.) this could never be done, 2.) it once could but can no longer be done, or 3.) it's something they hope to feature sometime before the end of history.  Just typical of what I have come to expect.

I appreciate the quick reply and attempt to help nonetheless.....

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
"Additionally, the client data files from the software vendor you are transferring from will need to be backed up."

Do you have an actual "backup" file from Lacerte? or just copy of the file from the previous preparers hard drive?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
delliottbennett
Level 1

Intuit sent me back the files as 2019 Lacerte. How do I get the data into 2020 ProSeries?

Thank you.

0 Cheers