Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K-1 to foreign beneficiary

ajp
Level 5

I have a K-1 from an estate that needs to go to a foreign beneficiary.  There is no income, the K-1 just shows deductions that this person would be able to take.  The foreign beneficiary does not have a US TIN.  I do have their ID number from their country.  Where would I enter this number?  It doesn't fit in the SSN/TIN box.  I do have "foreign beneficiary" checked.  

Thanks!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sjrcpa
Level 15

There isn't going to be an input for this. You're going to have to paper file the return.

Ex-AllStar

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
sjrcpa
Level 15

There isn't going to be an input for this. You're going to have to paper file the return.

Ex-AllStar
lgalvin
Level 3

have the same issue - I know I need to file this as a paper return, but do we write in the number or leave that field blank?

Thanks,

0 Cheers
RichardS77
Level 4

I have the same issue for a 2021 return.  Do I still have to file manually or is there a work around? Two foreign beneficiaries.

0 Cheers
RichardS77
Level 4

I have a (2) K-1s  on a 2021 estate return that needs to go to  foreign beneficiaries.  There is no income, the K-1 just shows deductions that this person would be able to take.  The foreign beneficiaries do not have a US TIN.  I don't  have their ID numbers from their country.      I do have "foreign beneficiary" checked.    I have an error message that would prevent me from filing electronically.  I read a 2020  post that you have to file a paper return in this case.  Is that still the case or is there a work around that would allow me to file electronically in  2021

Thanks!

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

What happens when you try to efile it?

I'm guessing you can't.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers