Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just a heads up, the Form 8879 is printing without he year at the top

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You may want to write it in by hand until they can get it fixed!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

15 Comments 15
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

It would be funny if it wasnt so sad!! 

Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

I printed one today, and date is there, but not on top right as usual, but on top left

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I updated last night and printed and it was blank.  Print Preview its blank as well.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

PDF is blank too
blank6679.png

0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

I had edited my reply @Just-Lisa-Now-, but after you had answered. The date is not on top right as always, but on top left has the revision date, and should be ok.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
It shows the 2020 in the right corner on the screen....its just not printing.

TaxBandit
Level 3

With all that is happening in our profession these days this is a small thing but the 8879 does not have the date in the top right corner AGAIN.  Why can't ProSeries adjust this as it seems like such a small issue?!?

End of my rant for the day LOL

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

No, it doesn't have a date in the top right corner, but it does have a date in part I.

Slava Ukraini!
dkh
Level 15

@TaxBandit   - the year stopped printing in upper right hand corner with the 2020 tax returns per form change IRS implemented.   The year is now located in Part I - Tax Return Information - Enter the tax year you are authorizing....20XX.     

TaxBandit
Level 3

I understand that but the upper right makes my filing much easier - and I look for anything that will make my life easier these days.

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

You can write it in the upper corner...  

TaxBandit
Level 3

Guess I need to call Jenny... 😂

IRonMaN
Level 15

Buy a "2021" stamp and stamp all of your 8879s in the right corner, left corner, middle, back, or whatever trips your trigger.  I file mine in each clients file on top of the current return so I'm a little mystified as to why filing would be such a tricky issue with the current placement of the date.

Slava Ukraini!
TaxBandit
Level 3

First of all I am amazed that Intuit is changing items that need no change or they are taking forever for forms that have been approved from the IRS to be able to print / efile them (example - form 2210).  This is just another PITA item - I use the form within a clients file to quickly purge old paperwork (easy to sort without really having to pull the file out)  I guess today I'd just had it with the software.  As I stated - End of rant.  

PS been using this software over 12 years and I am considering a change.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

"I am considering a change"

Always remember Erma Bomback - the grass is always greener over the septic tank. 😉

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers