Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Journal of Accountancy 2020 tax software survey

Accountant-Man
Level 12

Did anyone read it and notice that some of the respondents admitted to breaking their contracts with Intuit?

The remaining 10.7% was divided among ProConnect, TURBOTAX, and others?

Well, I never!

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
TaxGuyBill
Level 15
IRonMaN
Level 15

I read the article yesterday.  Not being one to be afraid to criticize Intuit, I passed on Intuit and jumped to Drake as far as the most interesting fact from the surveys.  People evidently only buy Drake because of the cost and ease of use ------------------------ only 22% of the users appeared to care if the numbers came out correctly.  It almost makes you feel like you are once again watching American Bandstand -------------- it apparently has a good beat and is easy to dance to.

Slava Ukraini!
BobKamman
Level 15

@IRonMaN only 22% of the users appeared to care if the numbers came out correctly. 

Remember, though, they only surveyed CPA's, and you know how they are.  Also, the results reflect only those who responded to the survey (a number they apparently want to keep secret, which usually means it's a low percentage).  

IRonMaN
Level 15

People highly motivated about an issue or people that are bored to death fill out surveys -------------- I'm not either of those so I didn't bother with that survey.  So of course that survey isn't as accurate as it could be.  I also don't do surveys even when Intuit offers me the chance to win a $3.99 gift card from Amazon.  I do make exceptions under special circumstances though.  My granddaughter is in college and had a summer job at Lowes this past summer.  She told me I had to fill out the survey that was tied to the sales slip after each of my store purchases.  So of course I had to go online and do that survey so that I could note how helpful the cashier was.  They received a completely honest assessment on how I was waited on by the most helpful cashier that has ever worked for their organization in the history of the store ------------------ a totally unbiased opinion.

Slava Ukraini!
BobKamman
Level 15

@IRonMaN So of course that survey isn't as accurate as it could be.

Au contraire, it's 100% accurate on the opinions of people who responded.  

Accountant-Man
Level 12

Only 1.4% of Drake users dislike it because of the price. It must be VERY VERY inexpensive.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
BobKamman
Level 15

I think 1.4% of them thought they were still answering the question about what they liked about it.  

0 Cheers