Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an alternative to paper file Iowa 1040 with multiple Form 4562A's?

mhamm30
Level 3

I have an error for multiple form 4562A's in an Iowa return which requires a paper-file. It appears to be an Iowa problem - but is there a work-around? I do not want to paper file these returns. Thanks in advance. 

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
The_AntiTax_Man
Level 8

@mhamm30  Did you use ProSeries 2020 [PS20] to file this client?  Did you roll over this client's PS20 data to PS21?  Did you perform this client's 20 to 21 rollover recently or quite some time ago?    How many 2021 forms IA 4562A does this taxpayer have?  

I have not encountered the problem that you have described.  If you post additional info regarding this issue it may prove to be helpful.

Post back if you discover the remedy.

Hub
Level 4

I also have this issue and I did roll over everything. I do use Fixed Asset Manager and upload that to the returns.

I looked at the Iowa web site and don't see anything that requires us to file on paper if we have more than one 4562A which is the case that I have

0 Cheers
The_AntiTax_Man
Level 8

@Hub when did you roll over PS20 client file to PS21?  Did you roll over before February of 2022?

0 Cheers
Hub
Level 4

I am sure I rolled everything over sometime in January or maybe even December

0 Cheers
jkuhn
Level 2

I am having the same issue with a  Iowa 2022 return.  Client has multiple rental properties here in Michigan and moved to Iowa during 2022.  Is there a work around for multiple 4562A forms that will allow me to e-file?

0 Cheers
Hub
Level 4

I also still have this problem with multiple Iowa properties. Why isn't ProSeries fixing this issue. I don't see anything on IA site stipulating this is an issue. What is the workaround?

ProSeries has had this issue for a while and is not addressing.

0 Cheers