Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a software problem with Form 1041 with the $600 exemption for a decedent's estate?

Richard7
Level 1

Tax Help and Government instructions both state that a decedent's estate is entitled to a $600 exemption.  If I check the "Final Return" box, the $600 exemption disappears.  I believe that this must be a software problem as the instructions from the IRS provide a $600 exemption for a decedent's estate without regard to whether it is a final return.

I would appreciate any input regarding this.

Thanks,

Richard

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
PATAX
Level 15

@Richard7 Rich I believe someone asked the exact same exact question a few months ago and an answer or answers were given... Do a search on this forum and you should be able to find it... Hope this helps

IRonMaN
Level 15
IRonMaN
Level 15
PATAX
Level 15

@IRonMaN thanks Iron Man that is it.... I still haven't figured out how to set up a link on this so-called smartphone... just as I start to master it it'll break and I'll have to get a new one start over...