Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Electronic Funds Withdrawal of Estimated Tax Selected within the review function giving incorrect information?

terrycpa
Level 3
Tax return review states:
You have chosen to have the following installment(s) of your client's estimated taxes for tax year 2021 paid by electronic funds withdrawal:
Installment 1 of 0.00 due 05/17/2021
Installment 2 of $$ (installment 1 and 2 amounts added together) due 06/15/2021
Installment 3 ...

Installment 1 due date is 04/15/2021 and the amount in the return is NOT zero.

Can @ProSeries confirm the review information the program is giving is indeed wrong?  It appears to be doing the same as for tax year 2019, which does not apply to tax year 2020.
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

9 Comments 9
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
the diagnostics review has some bad dates in it.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
terrycpa
Level 3

Would be nice if we had a way to report possible programming issues to @ProSeries.   

TxLaine
Level 3

So, is it for sure that the Diagnostics are wrong, and that Q1 and Q2 will go through as they should? Has this been confirmed by ProSeries?

When I called last week about it, the agent was not able to confirm for me that the payments would go through as scheduled.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
the screen shows the correct dates, the letter shows the correct dates

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
You could call the EFT phone number and verify the scheduled payment, give it a few days after filing for it to get updated in the system.

0 Cheers
terrycpa
Level 3

But shouldn't @ProSeries issue an alert that the letters are correct, or is it the diagnostic review is correct??  It shouldn't be a file it and let's see what happens situation.

terrycpa
Level 3

ProSeries just issued an alert that Q1 estimates were not withdrawn as scheduled in the program.  How does this even happen?  Program users alerted ProSeries of a potential problem.  Why was this ignored?

ProSeries alert says WE have to fix the problem.  

And this on the same day you send out 2021 renewal notices.

TxLaine
Level 3

Couldn't have said it better myself! I am seriously considering changing software providers after this season with ProSeries. I called them at least three times about this issue over the last several weeks.

terrycpa
Level 3

They definitely need better communications with their PAYING customers.   ProSeries should be actively monitoring this forum and providing feedback.  Especially with software/technical issues.  Saying the only option is to call, and oh, after holding for 90 minutes we will hang up on you, is not acceptable.

0 Cheers