Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is the efile system still available -

billwtb
Level 2

is the e-file system still working ?>  I just tried (now 3pm cst on oct 17th) to electronically submit a 2019 IRS and Illinois filings and am getting a message that sounds ike the IRS has shut down their system to accepting any efiles        anyone know       also saw something implying that intuit was doing updates and that may be the problem.     appreciate any info

thanks

bill bringham

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

25 Comments 25
pklcpa
Level 2

Same problem at 4:47 est.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

The IRS doesn’t shut things down until sometime in November.  I think you are just dealing with a temporary glitch.

Slava Ukraini!
TaxladyNJ
Level 1

Did I hear they plan on closing things for efiling on 10/19?  

0 Cheers
TaxladyNJ
Level 1

I'm having same issues here at 5:04.  Do we know if there is a fix for this yet?

0 Cheers
TaxladyNJ
Level 1

I just read this on another post - So I guess we have to wait until tomorrow to send them off

Because...

"Production system Extended Maintenance Window

The MeF Production system will be unavailable due to scheduled maintenance from 7:00 a.m. Eastern time, October 17, 2020 through 7:00 a.m. Eastern time, October 18, 2020.

We apologize in advance for any inconvenience."

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

The Intuit Conversion service shutdown on Oct 19 has nothing to do with the IRS.

For today, Bookmark this link:

https://www.marketingexpress.irs.gov/systems-status/system-status-mef/modernized-efile-mef-operation...

Because...

"Production system Extended Maintenance Window

The MeF Production system will be unavailable due to scheduled maintenance from 7:00 a.m. Eastern time, October 17, 2020 through 7:00 a.m. Eastern time, October 18, 2020.

We apologize in advance for any inconvenience."

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
RVAFA
Level 1

I filed a 1040 and Virginia return on 10/15.  The Virginia return did not go through.  I tried to refile it today and getting the message that "electronic filing for this agency has not opened yet.  Intuit filing center accepts 2019 VA personal returns starting Jan 27 2021"

This is a VA return for 2019 -- not 2020.

It didn't go through 2 days ago so I am wondering if this part of the maintenance issue or something else?

Thanks!
Susan Hebel

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

@RVAFA 

This topic is for IRS; IRS is the link I posted and IRS has the maintenance session scheduled for e-filing outage.

VA has a different condition. Read this:

https://www.efile.com/efile-virginia-income-tax-return-file-va-state-taxes-forms-refund/

You missed the deadline for e-file.

0 Cheers
cincycpa
Level 2

Big update downloaded at 8:10am EST - same error messagewhen you try to efile.  Intuit that was REALLY smart to shut your system down while rejected tax returns could still be corrected and launched  as timely filed.  Use your brain when shutting down your system  Same thing last year.  

0 Cheers
Liza
Level 1

Does anyone know if we can still efile on Monday, October 19th? 

0 Cheers
TerriMej
Level 1

I am having the same problem with re-filing a rejected return.  Are we going to have to paper file because we cannot meet the deadline for electronic submission of corrected 2019 1040 return

0 Cheers
RVAFA
Level 1

thank you!  Guess that does explain the situation!

0 Cheers
CARL2
Level 2

the same problem I have.  tried to efile today 10-18-20 and not accepting efile. It is just frrustrating. what is going on on Intuit Pro Series? Time to change?

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"Does anyone know if we can still efile on Monday, October 19th?"

I think the people who keep asking about Oct 18th or 19th and "the shutdown" are confusing how the word "conversion" is being used. Conversion as part of the e-filing Transmission Process is not the same thing as File Conversion for purposes of which Program you use to prepare tax returns.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-news-updates/discussion/proseries-2019-data-co...

"Intuit will be performing annual maintenance on the Data Conversion Service in preparation for Tax Year 2020 beginning Oct 19. During this time Tax Data Conversion will be unavailable. Oct 18 is the final date to submit tax data for conversion in ProSeries 2019. After this time, 2018 tax files will no longer be processed, and conversion services will resume when we begin accepting 2019 tax files with the release of 2020 ProSeries. Note: This information does not impact or relate to electronic filing."

It's not semantics. It's Function. It's for Moving client data files between Programs; not Filing with the IRS Fed or State return processing.

0 Cheers
arlenef
Level 1

To be clear, can we still convert and transmit tax returns  2019 and 2018 on Monday Oct 19?

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

@arlenef 

Are you reading the posts and the links? The "conversion" issue has nothing to do with E-File. It's a different use of the word Conversion. It's for changing Lacerte files to ProConnect, for example; that's a Conversion.

Someone on this forum posted their e-file went through.

0 Cheers

Same problem. I've been trying to e-file 2019 1040 since Oct 17. Intuit is rejecting Federal and State of CA returns stating that: The electronic filing season for this tax agency has not opened yet. The Electronic Filing Center accepts Personal tax returns starting 01-27-2021. Both returns pass return review step. This is not an IRS rejection. Is this going to be corrected soon?

0 Cheers
ldiethelm
Level 1

I'm having the same problem with a CA return.

0 Cheers
Liza
Level 1

Hi!

I called technical support this morning, and I just got email notification that the error has been fixed so we can efile 2019 personal taxes.

I just submitted a 2019 personal return, and it worked.

Hope this helps!

Tax man
Level 3

CAN 2018 AND 2019 BE EFILE STILL AFTER OCTOBER 15 2021

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Yes, but 2018 will be shutting down in November.

Slava Ukraini!
Tax man
Level 3

ok thanks 

for 2020 can it be efile until november too or only 2018

IRonMaN
Level 15

2018, 2019, and 2020 can be e-filed until November.  When the IRS shuts things down in November, 2018 will drop off but 2019 and 2020 will open up again in January when the new e-filing season opens up.

Slava Ukraini!
Tax man
Level 3

Thanks 

IRonMaN
Level 15

You betcha!

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers