Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Form 8879-S Included In The Forms For Corporate Returns?

LYNDAJZ6
Level 3

I can't seem to locate Form 8879-S.

Is it included?

Thanks!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Make sure youve got the return marked for Efile and have chosen the Practitioner PIN in the Information worksheet

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

10 Comments 10
itonewbie
Level 15

If you meant 8879-S for S Corp returns, yes, it is included.  Form availability and status can be found here:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/proseries/forms-finder/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
LYNDAJZ6
Level 3

Thanks.

I was trying to find it as part of the program while working on the 1120S.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

I don't use ProSeries but other experienced users will probably stop by soon enough to help.  Cheers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Make sure youve got the return marked for Efile and have chosen the Practitioner PIN in the Information worksheet

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
geraldgintercpa
Level 2

I have the same question regarding Form 8879-S. The software shows the client as an S-Corp. I have marked the return for E-file and checked the box to sign the return electronically using the Practitioner PIN Code. When I look for Form 8879-S, the only Form 8879 is for a corporation (8879-CORP).

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

It's new this year --------- a one size fits all 8879 for business returns.  Look closely at the top of the form and you will see what I mean.

Slava Ukraini!
geraldgintercpa
Level 2

Thanks! I see it now.

donielle_cpa
Level 1

Hi 

I see that there is one form 8879-CORP for all s and c corps but it is not available as of yet is it?  If so I dont see it.  Any help appreciated!

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

If you click on the button to indicate the return will be e-filed, the form will be there.

Slava Ukraini!
doniellecpa
Level 1

On the information page I clicked the box to electronically file the tax rerun using pin on 8879-Corp and I  clicked the box stating the federal return would be efile. but the form does not show up in return

Update- I figured it out we had out there would be extension filed so once I removed the x to file the extension the 8869-Corp popped up

0 Cheers