Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Covid-19 Affecting Your Practice?

Highlighted
Level 11

Here is how the Tax Court is dealing with it, in an announcement posted today on its website:

Considering recent announcements and media coverage regarding the COVID-19/Coronavirus, the U.S. Tax Court would like to assure the public that the Court is following recommended guidelines provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

--Effective March 9, 2020, and until further notice, out of an abundance of caution, the Court is encouraging social distancing and will therefore limit the number of people in the courtroom at any one time.

--If you are required to appear in Court and are experiencing any flu like symptoms, have a fever, or are coughing or sneezing, please contact the Court before appearing. The Court will make reasonable accommodations and reschedule appearances, hearings, and trials as needed.

--If you have recently traveled from an area with widespread or ongoing community spread of COVID-19 and you have symptoms of the disease (fever, cough, shortness of breath) reach out to your healthcare provider for details on how to proceed with proper medical care.

Labels (1)
2 Replies 2
Highlighted
Level 8
Level 8

Any chance they’ll extend the tax filing deadline???  😂

Level 15

Thanks for the post.  I'm going to go on vacation tomorrow after reading it.  I'm putting up a sign on our door "Coronavirus Quarantine - Closed until April 16th".

ex-AllStar, ex-Lutefisk taste taster, ex-ACME product tester
and ex marks the spot where those rocks and anvils hit me.