Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone having a problem with the 2555 physical presence test error even thought dates are entered?

AS
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
itonewbie
Level 15

What kind of error?  Did you check that there are indeed 330 days within the qualifying period by your own calculation?  If so, how does your calculation differ from what's in PS?

PS (as with other tax products) generally relies on your input to determine the qualifying period.  If something in PPT is wrong, it usually lies with the input.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
AS
Level 1

I have been doing this for 25 years and I know what to input so that is not the problem. 

And yes the dates are in there.  This problem just popped up today.... Have already filed tax returns with the 2555 in the past few weeks. 

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Sounds like a software issue as there have been three complaints today already.

@IntuitAustin @IntuitAlicia Did an update break F.2555 in PS?  Thanks!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
George4Tacks
Level 15

The solution seems to entail either waiting for a correctional update or delete the 2555

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-discussions/discussion/what-do-i-need-to-input-to-...

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns