Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRS Reject Code IND-202

ronryder
Level 2

All of my 1040 submissions are being returned due to this error.  Partnerships and S Corps are being acknowledged as usual.  The code indicates that "VendorControlNum" in "FilingSecurityInformation" in the return header must have a value.  

It goes on to say that this is a timing difference and has been corrected but the same error repeats.  I have tried refreshing updates, have checked my EFIN and all the usual suspects.  I have noticed that if I go to Tool>Options>Firm /Preparer Info that the entry for Customer Account Number (CAN) is blank.  I am not sure if a number should be in here but it cannot be entered through this screen.

Support has had me do the setup over again (not reinstall) and re license but it has not worked.  I have not been able to file a single 1040 for this season yet (I was able to file a 2019 1040).

Support told me today that they are aware of the issue and that I am not the only one.  They said they will email me when they have a solution but that I otherwise cannot check on the progress.  

Has anyone else had this or a similar error an do you have a way to fix it?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IntuitEric
Employee
Employee

You were looking in the right location... this is due to the CAN not appearing in the option location you mentioned.  If you close ProSeries 2020 then run Tools - Connected Customer, the CAN will flow properly.  A more thorough explanation has been emailed to you.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
IntuitEric
Employee
Employee

You were looking in the right location... this is due to the CAN not appearing in the option location you mentioned.  If you close ProSeries 2020 then run Tools - Connected Customer, the CAN will flow properly.  A more thorough explanation has been emailed to you.

0 Cheers
ronryder
Level 2

Thank you so much!  That worked.

0 Cheers