Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRS Extension payment processed successfully in Proseries was not received by IRS

MoviePhd
Level 1

This is the first time I have been informed by one of our clients that an extension payment we thought went through fine was never received by the IRS.  How often does this happen with ProSeries?  

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
IRonMaN
Level 15

Sounds like it has happened at least once.

Based on my own dealings with rocket scientists for clients, are you sure that you have the proper bank account information and are you sure that it really never came out of their account?  

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I feel like it might have happened once back a few years ago.  

I try to never schedule a payment right on the due date, I always schedule them a few days prior, and tell the client to watch their account just in case it doesn't happen for some reason, we still have time to pay through the IRS website or get a check postmarked by the due date.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
dkh
Level 15

Your situation is what I always fear will happen so I use IRS Direct pay.  I find comfort in printing the payment receipt.