Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intuit must be running short of new TT soldiers

IRonMaN
Level 15

I just received the following e-mail.  If they are willing to spend cash money, they must be running short of new recruits.   It's odd that folks from this place aren't lining up to work for Turbottaxx. 🤔

Join Intuit as a TurboTax Live Tax Associate and work remotely helping people online with their taxes. Our tax associate role requires 5 years tax experience and a minimum of 50 prepared tax returns annually. This is also an amazing opportunity for career growth to earn your enrolled agent certification.

We’ll cover your costs to get credentialed (valued at $1,600) — in the Intuit Enrolled Agent (EA) Credential Assistance Program. You don’t pay a penny for courses and exams!

Special offer: Complete your EA credential by December 31, 2020, and Intuit will provide a bonus of $1,000 if you’re hired as a TurboTax Live expert.*

Slava Ukraini!

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

15 Comments 15
poolcleaner
Level 9

They may be after ex All Stars since I received the same email.

BobKamman
Level 15

Don't they do annual recruiting, because of attrition?  Which must be worse this year, considering pandemics and all.  I used to go to tax seminars and look around the room for anyone without grey hair.  There were plenty, if you counted the bald.  Would you advise anyone to get into the tax return preparation business, with or without TurboTax subsidies?  

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@IRonMaN wrote:

Special offer: Complete your EA credential by December 31, 2020, and Intuit will provide a bonus of $1,000 if you’re hired as a TurboTax Live expert.*

That  is an intriguing statement.  I'm trying to figure out if that means ONLY a new EA would get that bonus or if all new hires that are credentialed would get that bonus.  The way it is phrased seems to indicate it only applies to new EAs. 

If I were interested in such a job (as someone who is already an EA), that statement would totally turn me away from the job, as it seems to imply I would not qualify for the $1000 bonus just because I already am an EA.

abctax55
Level 15

Yeah, but those financial incentives don't come *close* to what they give/gave to the AllStars and now the 'CHAMPS'....   right ? /S

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
sjrcpa
Level 15

I  didn't get that one. I did get one offering to hire me for something like $14/hour. I didn't keep it or I'd post it.

Ex-AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

Allstars got diddly for all of the time donated over the years, but I heard the new Champs all got new Escalades.  At least that's what people say.

Personally, I don't care if there was a $100,000 signing bonus for going to work for them --------- I just never would have the intestinal fortitude to work for Turbotax.  I may have taken a few anvils to the head over the years but I still do have some principles.

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

Allstars got diddly -  You are so, so wrong, oh Mr. AnvilHead.  

I have a snifty flash drive AND a laptop computer case (both emblazened with the INTUIT logo) that I use occasionally.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
qbteachmt
Level 15

I got a fabric tote bag; is that supposed to be a laptop computer case?

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
IRonMaN
Level 15

Cost of tote/computer bag/grocery bag/ dog poop bag or whatever you call them  $25.00

Cost of flash drive                                                                                                                       $10.00

Less cost of having to advertise for Intuit                                                                              $-35.00

Net payment                                                                                                                                diddly

Slava Ukraini!
poolcleaner
Level 9

You are making me thrilled with my flash drive and TWO t shirts.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Two t-shirts?  One for you and one for the pool boy?

Slava Ukraini!
dkh
Level 15

ahhhh  I want a shirt!   Afraid to know what one has to do to get it.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Well, the cleaning lady has two of them so maybe if you ask her nicely and volunteer to help with her next pool cleaning you might have a deal.  

Slava Ukraini!
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

After thinking about it, this seems like a pretty good deal.  Intuit doesn't seem to require its employees to actually do their jobs, so if they want to pay me for not doing my job, that could be a good deal.

IRonMaN
Level 15

You had to sign your life away to become an Intuit World Champion, so I kinda wonder what they would make you sign for that job.  Who knows, you might have to offer up one of your kidneys as an escrow deposit in the event that at some point you fail to meet their terms.

Slava Ukraini!