Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intuit Link

ScowlyOwl
Level 2

We've had trouble with Intuit Link since we switched our email address from an sbcglobal to a gmail. It hasn't worked since. However, one of our team has an sbcglobal email address used to log in to ProSeries desktop. Using this, I am able to invite clients to Link. When I invite a client, should I be seeing their status by logging into Intuit Link as the accountant?  They don't even show up as Invite Pending. 

I have called ProSeries support every year since our email change and they always promise to have someone call me back.  Late 2020, that was happening.  Now, no one will talk to me about this and support tries to put it on our IT person.  Our IT person says there is nothing about our computer environment that would prevent this application from working.  I asked that this issue be escalated, and I'm told it has been, but my call 2 weeks ago has gone unanswered and no follow-up.  Just venting frustration here.

We have a small company. 1 owner who uses the company email to log in to ProSeries desktop. He is also the only tax signer.  We have 2 other preparers that each use their personal email address for login credentials when we prepare. 1 with a gmail and the other with an sbcglobal. The owner and the other gmail preparer are unable to invite clients with Intuit Link. Consistent error messages for the past 3 years. The sbcglobal preparer (non-signer) is able to invite, but again, nothing shows up when we log into Link.

In this COVID environment, using this to collect data is crucial. Can anyone help me?

Thanks! 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

12 Comments 12
itonewbie
Level 15

First of all, change of an email address does not impact your access to Intuit Link.  It does, however, impact email communication you may receive from Intuit Link (e.g. daily activity reports and account recovery) and, of course, security if you no longer own that email address.

Are your email addresses under a custom domain?  If they are and provided you have everything correctly set up (DNS, MX, etc.), your team's ability to receive communication from Intuit Link should not be affected.  If you have problem receiving emails from Intuit Link, you probably then have problem with your email communication to/from others too.

If you're not on a custom domain, that will entail an update of your Intuit accounts with your new email addresses and that shouldn't affect just Intuit Link but all Intuit products, including PS.

I may not fully understand the context but if you could elaborate a bit more, I or someone else may be able to offer some suggestions.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
ScowlyOwl
Level 2

The email addresses are not in a custom domain. And, I agree that changing our company email address shouldn't have any affect on Link working. All I can say is that those of us using a gmail for logging into ProSeries at our workstations are unable to make Link work.

We contacted Intuit when the email address changed, we had to contact ProSeries separate from QuickBooks. We told them to delete the old address and gave them the new one.  This was 3 years ago or so.  The first time I attempted to use Link after this change is when Link stopped working for us. when I called support at that time, I was told that gmail addresses don't work with Link.  I was resigned to this as the reality of our situation. Since then, when I call, they're trying to figure it out, but when they can't they just stop calling and trying.  It's frustrating when the program isn't inexpensive! When I log into our Intuit account, all our purchases going back 10 years or so are listed under this current email. I do not believe we a security issue and we've discussed this with our cyber security person. 

I just invited a number of clients using my co-workers log in credentials and all invites went through, and I saw all of them listed in Link. But, when I log into Link using the owner's credentials, just over half show up as pending.  Quite frankly, that's an improvement.  

If it's all one company, one customer number, using one of two realms we're in, why would it matter who logs in in order to see all activity?  Since we're a small company, we all have admin access to Intuit products.

Does any of this help? Thanks for trying.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Thanks for the additional context.  So, if I understand this correctly, it's established that all accounts are now under Gmail and there's no problem accessing all the associated products, including Intuit Link, and you are even able to see all the historical data in Intuit Link going back 10 years or so.

If my understanding is correct, it sounds like your accounts are correctly updated for your login credentials with the new Gmail addresses and it's something else that may be causing the problems you encounter.

I also don't agree with the person who told you that Gmail isn't compatible with Intuit Link because there are plenty of Intuit Link users out there, accountants included (I'd presume), who use Gmail.

Can you confirm whether you have the same problem with both new and old clients?  Also, did you send those invites from ProSeries (which you do for new clients) or within Intuit Link?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
ScowlyOwl
Level 2

The owner account with Intuit is Gmail.  And, yes, all user accounts and all Intuit products are under the owner's Gmail. This includes FAM and QuickBooks, and QuickBooks online (some of our clients use this and we are the accountants associated with those client QBOL accounts).

Although all users are under the owner's Gmail, we each use our personal email address for login credentials for all Intuit products, with some of us using Gmail and another using sbcglobal.  Because we're a small firm, we all have Admin access to all areas. 

Another piece to the puzzle, in case is has any bearing on this: while I've been talking to the person to whom this case was escalated late 2020, he asked why we have more than one realm.  I was unable to answer that because I'm unaware of what realms are.  We have one account with Intuit for ProSeries, QB desktop and QBOL.  However, when I log into ProSeries or Link, I'm offered two different "realms." One seems to be associated with only our QBOL clients and the other is everything else Intuit. I may have noticed another one at one point, but I'm not remembering.  It might have been Link, but I'm not sure.

Thank you for confirming that Gmail is not the culprit here.  I agree and since that first support encounter after we made the switch to Gmail, no support person has ever tried to tell me this.

I can confirm that this happens with both old and new clients. That was one of the things that Support asked me to try back in November/December. All clients that were invited yesterday were invited through ProSeries.

Here is another complexity: after yesterday's invite, I logged in to Link with the owner's credentials and saw only some of the clients to whom invites were sent.  This morning we received a notice that one of the clients had started completing their virtual organizer.  The name does not show up on the Clients page, but when I click under "Client activity" on the far right of the page, I can view what this client has answered and sent so far.  

Again, thank you for your time addressing this and trying to resolve it.  

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

It sounds to me it could be problem with the two Realm IDs you maintain.  It is possible that some clients may be under one Realm ID while others under the other.  If that is the case, these clients may need to be consolidated under one single Realm ID, with the help of Intuit Support.

Still an AllStar
ScowlyOwl
Level 2

ProSeries support also asked me about the two realms.  Again, I have no idea how that happened.  An when I log in to the other realm (I'm given the choice when I log in to Link), no clients at all show up.  But I agree that this probably contributes to the issue.

Thanks for trying to figure this out. I appreciate the time you've put in to this. I'm still holding out a very small glimmer of hope that someone at ProSeries will finally figure this out.

itonewbie
Level 15

NP, @ScowlyOwl!

Still an AllStar
David10
Level 3

Hi There:
Basically, here’s my take on realm IDS and level of frustration with Intuit today – 2021. Be forewarned, this a long reply – so maybe read this during your break. I hope others can relate - thanks for reading 🙂 

IMPOSSIBLE TO CONSOLIDATE REALMS –PER INTUIT CUSTOMER SERVICE
Look, to be blunt, we are stuck and can't consolidate the realm ids. Here's my experience:
So, I have 2 realm IDs. I , too , really wanted to simplify and consolidate both under one company. Anybody with 2 realm IDs and multiple licenses of products understands multiple realms is an annoyance. So, a technical person on the phone told me - in not so many words "Combining the company realms is impossible" I got the impression to forget it and move on.

WE CAN USE ANOTHER PROVIDER NEXT YEAR ( This isn't North Korea - we can leave.... ) 
This is a HUGE company that makes the lion share of income from TurboTax. This fixing of realm IDs for less important products ( Lacerte, Intuit Link , Proseries - Proconnect - whatever that suite of products is now being called ) isn't a big priority.
If we don't like it, we can implement CS Ultratax Thomson Reuters or other tax software.

STORY THAT ENCAPSULATES FRUSTARATION OF DEALING WITH INTUIT IN 2021 –
“Just Awful " 

Here's a quick anecdote about how bad customer experience can be with Intuit in 2021. Recently, I had an unbelievable issue with QuickBooks Desktop Accountant ( I'll post specifics in the correct forum later) Anyway, not only did product not work correctly. But, the posting in the community didn't work either, due to website error / issue.  So, if isn't wasn't enough that product didn't work, to add on additional layer of frustration, I couldn't even post a complaint online about it since intuit community forum didn't work.......  This is the kind of experience that makes you consider a divorce or not returning - a deal breaker if you will 

Best, D 

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

@David10  Don't think you'd find (m)any who'd disagree with you.  Wish the Power would just take a look at the real world comments on this board and reflect on how they should improve their service level.

Still an AllStar
carolyncpa
Level 1

This is my first year using the Intuit Link.  I think we are running into the same issue with 2 different Realm Id's   I have 2 different login's with intuit.   One for the proseries and another one for the Quickbooks desktop/online.   i have tried for years to have the consolidate my account under one umbrella.  I actually though it was resolved last year. However, i am noticing that some of the invites i am sending out are now being put under Quickbooks login.  So i'm thinking if i am logged into the quickbooks online it automatically is putting the invites into the quickbooks log information. I have a call into intuit to see how we can stop this from happening.  This could be a disaster if I can't straighten out.  Any advice will be helpful.

0 Cheers
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

[[A when I log in to the other realm (I'm given the choice when I log in to Link), no clients at all show up.  But I agree that this probably contributes to the issue.]]

I’ve been using IL 5 years or so…. When i log in, I get a choice of 3(realms). Everyone should be using the same one! Always! They don’t play nicely with each other when you mix and match

I only use one and have not had a problem in years. 
edit I’ve never fully mastered the integration between QB and PS. Shame that Intuit can’t keep all its sand in the sandbox….

I Never Try Understanding Intuit Technology 

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
0 Cheers
ScowlyOwl
Level 2

The only work around I have found is to log into Link and invite clients one by one.  So very time consuming.  

0 Cheers