Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal controls

Conway1021
Level 2

We are looking back at some 2018 tax returns and trying to find out some details such as WHO actually efiled the return. Is there any way to glean that information from the software?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15
10 Comments 10
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

The software will only show whomever was input as the "preparer", you won't be able to tell who pushed the button to actually Efile it.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Conway1021
Level 2

Well that is a shame. I have run into this with other accounting type software. There should be more internal controls in these systems. Thank you for your answer.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

If it is an issue for you, have you considered installing your own internal controls such as maintaining a client log containing that type of information?

Slava Ukraini!
George4Tacks
Level 15
Conway1021
Level 2

Thank you for your response but I really believe since everyone has their own login that ProSeries should have the capability to determine who does what on a return. After all, this type of internal controls are available in QuickBooks. If we let ProSeries know that this is a function we need they will make it available to us.

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@Conway1021 wrote:

If we let ProSeries know that this is a function we need they will make it available to us.

LOL.  Thanks, I really needed that laugh!   I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read that or I would have spit it all over the place.

No, Intuit is EXTREMELY UNRESPONSIVE of any requests for changes.

Conway1021
Level 2

Thank you George4Tack! That looks like what I need. Probably wont help me after the fact but it shows that ProSeries is working to make a more professional tax software. That is great.

And by the way, I notice everyone has a tag line but me. hummm......

I am going with the following,

This to shall pass. This is not my new normal.

Conway1021
Level 2

Dont be such a pessimist @TaxGuyBill .

I just got this link form another, more optimistic, contributor. @George4Tacks 

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/managing-access-rights-in-proseries/00/38...

Have a great day.

This to shall pass. This is not my new normal.

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I'm not a pessimist, I'm a realist.  My conclusions are based on Intuit's history and continual downward progression.

sjrcpa
Level 15

I got  a good laugh out of that, too. 🤣

Ex-AllStar